Stock Barcode Scanner
Stock Barcode Scanner
for Magento® 2 available soon!
How to use the Stock Barcode Scanner extension for Magento®
Stock Barcode Scanner is an easy to use extension for Magento. It allows you to update your stocks in one go and to keep track of your stock transfers and of the different stock movements you've made.
With the Stock Barcode Scanner extension, you simply need to choose an action, scan or enter your product identifier and define the quantity of item to transfer or to update. You will have the choice between several default actions: Outgoing stock, Incoming stock and Inventory update.
The Stock Barcode Scanner extension can be used in combination with Advanced Inventory. In that case you'll have the possibility to choose from the points of sale or warehouses that are already defined in your Magento admin, the ones that will come into play.
To use Stock Barcode Scanner, you can follow the 2 following steps:
1. Manage your labels
2. Update your stocks
STEP 1: Manage your labels
You can start with managing your labels. Your labels will describe the different stock movements you will add to the default ones. To create your own labels, you need to go to Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Manage Labels.
Click on Add New. You will have two required fields to fill in.
- Movement label: write your own label.
- Stock action: choose the type of actions you want to assign to that label
You can choose between 3 types of actions:
- Update stock
- Substract from stock
- Add to stock
From the Manage labels menu, you'll be able to see the list of all labels you've created. You'll also have the possibility to Delete or Edit them.
If you go to Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks, you can find the labels you've just created among the Custom tasks from the Action dropdown.
STEP 2: Update your stocks
To start transferring your stocks, you need to go to Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks. There, you will be able to choose the action you want to execute between:
- Daily movements
- Custom tasks
Among the daily movements, you can choose between 3 kinds of transfers:
- Outgoing stocks: allows you to define outgoing stocks. If you define 5 items, it will decrease the current quantity of your product by 5.
- Incoming stocks: allows you to define restocking for products. If you define 5 items, it will be added to the current quantity of the product.
- Inventory update: allows you to update your product stocks. If you define an inventory update for that product in particular to 5, its current quantity will be edited to 5.
Imagine you have incoming stocks for a particular product, you'll be able to define that you have received some items of that product.
Imagine you received 10 new items for a specific product (in our case id 231). From Catalog > Manage products, the quantity is 31 at the moment.
Go to Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks. There, define the Action on Incoming stocks and the Identifier type on ID.
You can also choose any of the identifiers with a unique value that are defined in your Magento admin. By default, you have the choice between:
Enter the ID of the product or scan it (in our case 231) and press Enter. The image of the product should be displayed.
Then, define the number of incoming items, for example 9 and click on Save all.
To edit the number of items you want to transfer, you have 2 possibilities:
- Edit the number of items directly from the dedicated input
- Scan the products several times
Check in your Catalog of products. The quantity of the product which ID is 231 should have changed from 31 to 40.
You can also have a look to Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks. Under Update History, there should be a record of the operation you've just done.
The Custom tasks are the labels you have defined in STEP 1. It will allow you to keep track of the stock transfers from one place to another. You can find the ones you've created in Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Manage Labels.
Let's imagine you have created a label Add to Stock FR. In Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks choose this label from the Action dropdown under Custom tasks. Choose the ID as the Identifier Type.
Type your product ID (for example 231) and press Enter.
Define the number of item transfered for example 100 and click on Save all. Check that among the Transfer History, the action you've just done has been taken into account.
Use Stock Barcode Scanner with Advanced Inventory
If you're using the Stock Barcode Scanner extension with Advanced Inventory, you'll have some more possibilities. You'll be able to manage stock transfers between your points of sale or warehouses.
In Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks you will have two more options among the Action dropdown.
Among the Stock Transfers, you will be able to choose between:
- Send: this will allow you to specify that a point of sale/warehouse is sending stocks to another.
- Receive: by choosing that option, you'll be able to define that a point of sale/warehouse is receiving stocks from another.
Send stock from a point of sale/warehouse to another
Start with choosing the Send option from the Action dropdown.
Then define the points of sale that are involved in the stock transfer. In our case, the French pos sends stocks to the American one.
After having defined your configuration, you can click on Start.
A line appears. It will allow you to specify the products you want to transfer. You have two possibilities of doing it:
- Type the ID or any attribute with a unique value and press ENTER
- Scan the ID or any attribute with a unique value
When scanning your product or typing the ID, its main image is displayed during a few seconds for you to have a quick overview if it is the right product.
After having listed all the products you are transferring from one point of sale to another and edited the number of items for each product, you can click on Save All.
A green notification should appear on the top of your admin specifying that your stocks have been updated.
You'll be able to see the recap of your transfers in Update History.
Finally, you can check that these 10 items have been deducted from the French point of sale in Catalog > Manage Stocks.
Receive stock from a point of sale/warehouse to another
On the other hand, you have another option that allows you to receive stocks in a specific point of sale.
On the previous part we saw how to send stocks from a point of sale (FR) to another (US). Now you need to receive these stocks from the FR point of sale into the US one.
You can start by defining your configuration in Catalog > Barcode Scanner > Update Stocks. You need to choose the Receive option from the Action dropdown.
Define the point of sale from which the stocks are deducted (FR) and the point of sale to which the stocks will be added (US). Choose the identifier type and click on Start.
Type or scan the ID of your product and edit the number of items to 10. Click on Save All.
You should get a notification on the top of your admin saying the stocks have been updated.
In the Update History, you should see a recap of your transfer with the action used, the different points of sale that are involved as well as the name and the quantity of the product.
Now if you go to Catalog > Manage Stocks, you should see that the 10 items have correctly been added to the stocks of the US point of sale.
Update your stocks in one go thanks to Stock Barcode Scanner!
Update your products stocks with ease
- Add and Subtract stocks from your products
- Scan your products or manually type their identifiers
- Manually edit the number of items to transfer
Configure the extension as you want
- Manage your own transfer labels
- Choose the products identifier between your unique value attributes (ID, SKU, EAN...)
Keep an eye on your stock transfers
- Check the stock transfers history
Supplement the features of Stock Barcode Scanner
- Transfer stocks between your pos/warehouses with Advanced Inventory
Which version of Magento® is supported by Stock Barcode Scanner?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Stock Barcode Scanner is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
What kinds of scanners can I use with Stock Barcode Scanner?
With Stock Barcode Scanner, you can use any type of scanners. You will just need to configure it so that it can read the right types of barcodes and so that they return a line break after that.
Can I use Stock Barcode Scanner with other extensions from Wyomind?
Indeed, you can use Stock Barcode Scanner in combination with Advanced Inventory. It will allow you to track stock transfers between your different points of sale / warehouses.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Stock Barcode Scanner
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Stock Barcode Scanner?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
How do I uninstall Stock Barcode Scanner?
In order to uninstall Stock Barcode Scanner, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Stock Barcode Scanner ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
I get a fatal error concerning Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
- If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
- Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
I get an error saying ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.
It can happen on localhost environments because of rights on session files stored locally.
You have to rename app/code/local/wyomind/stockbarcodescanner/sql/stockbarcodescanner_setup to something different: for example stockbarcodescanner_setup_XX.
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Good extension, very very good
28th December 2016
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v1.1.0released on 19/12/2016
- easier stock transfer process for Advanced Inventory users
- v1.0.2released on 16/04/2016
- Ability to update the stock status automatically
- v1.0.1released on 27/10/2015
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE 6788
- v1.0.0released on 05/03/2015
- First Release
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE-6285
StockBarcodeScanner / StockBarcodeScanner123
- Work in progress...