is available for Magento® 2
Advanced Inventory extension for Magento®
Multi-stock management suite for Magento®
Advanced Inventory is an extension for Magento that allows you to manage stocks of different points of sale or warehouses through Magento's backend.
Each order placed through your website can be automatically or manually assigned to one or more warehouse/POS. Then you can follow in real time the stock level for each point of sale, the orders' assignations and anticipate if re-stocking is needed.
With Advanced Inventory, all kinds of scenario are possible. The module is easily configurable thanks to several setting options that correspond to the great majority of inventory management real situation.
Advanced Inventory is composed of a suite of performing tools for a multi-stock management:
- Pick Up At Store, which gives to your customers the possibility to come and pickup their order in a point of sale.
- Point of Sale which allows you to display on your Magento's frontend a Google Map in order to help your customers find the closest point of sale.
- Mass Stock Update, to update all your stocks in Magento in one go via a csv file.
Use Advanced Inventory for Magento® in 6 steps
STEP 1: Configure Advanced Inventory in a general way
First of all you need to configure your extension in a general way and according to your needs in System > Config > Wyomind > Advanced Inventory.
Global or local stocks
In the Preferences tab, start by choosing if you want the quantity and the availability to be based on Warehouses and POS stocks or on Global quantity.
Multiple or single assignation
Advanced Inventory allows you to assign orders to many points of sale. For that you need to enable the Multiple assignation.
Automatic or manual assignation
You also have the possibility to activate the automatic assignation so that your orders can be automatically assigned to one or more points of sale according to several things such as the store view of the order, the customer group, the priority of the point of sale, the assignment rules and shipping address, the availability of the items in the stock.
If you enable order assignation notifications, you should get a message at the top of your admin saying some orders need your attention such as below:
You can edit the start date for order assignation. You will then be able to manage multi-stock for all orders placed after that date.
Order status and assignation update
With Advanced Inventory, you have the possibility to disallow assignation update for order statuses such as Complete or Canceled orders. Then it won't be possible to modify stock assignation for orders with these statuses.
You can also enable an option to automatically update stock status when product quantities are changed from the admin panel.
Stock movement journal
In the System tab, you can also enable the Stock movement journal. This tool is useful to see if your stock changes have been taken into account. Go to Sales > POS / Warehouses > Stock movement journal to check your stock modifications.
At the same time you can define how many days you want to include in the Journal history.
Product and order grid enhancements
Advanced Inventory allows you to see your stocks directly in the product grid. For that, define Show stock tree-view in product grid on YES. Now if you go to Catalog > Manage products, you should see a new column called Stocks.
Finally you have the possibility to change the Product and Order grid to override so that the module can be compatible with any other extension that overrides the default product or order grid.
STEP 2: Manage your points of sale
Now, you need to create your points of sale. For this, go to Sales > POS/ Warehouses > Manage POS / Warehouses.
When creating your warehouse/point of sale, you must fill in a certain number of fields.
In the General Informations tab, you have to define a code for your warehouse/point of sale. Choose to make it visible in the store locator (CMS page), in the stock grid and make it available for the store pickup method. Give it an order of display as well as a latitude and a longitude using Google map.
In the Address & Hours tab, define the address of the warehouse/point of sale. Give a phone number and an email. Add an image and specify the opening hours.
Advanced Inventory is an extension for Magento that allows you to manage all kinds of scenario. Indeed, you can link a warehouse/point of sale to one or more store views, or to one or more customer groups.
The two following tabs are very important to configure and create your own scenario.
In the Store Views Selection tab, define for which store view(s) you want this warehouse/point of sale to be visible. You can also make your warehouse/point of sale visible for all store views.
Then, in the Customer Group Selection tab, select the group(s) of customers that will be able to see that warehouse/point of sale. Here again, you can do what you want and decide to make that warehouse/point of sale visible for retailers only or for all customer groups.
In the Inventory settings tab, you should get 2 subtabs.
You will first be able to define the assignation method you want to use in the Inventory settings subtab, between:
- Do not assign any order
- Assign orders when product is available
- Assign orders depending on specific rules: when choosing that option, you have the possibility to fill in the rule to assign the orders to that particular point of sale (Check Step 3 to see how to manage assignation rules).
You can also notify by email the recipients, that is to say the manager(s) of the point of sale. For that, enter the different emails separated with a coma.
Finally you get the link of a feed including low stock products for that particular POS.
In the Default settings for products subtab, you'll also be able to define the default product settings for this stock.Note that the warehouse/pos must be saved before being able to use this feature.
You'll have the possibility to use the configuration settings for backorder. If you don't, you'll have to define your own option for the backorder status between:
- No backorders
- Allow quantity below 0
- Allow quantity below 0 and notify customer
Finally you'll be able to press the button to update all multistock products with these settings.
After having filled in all fields, save your warehouse/point of sale by clicking on Save and go back or Save and continue. You can also go Back, Reset or Delete this POS/Warehouse.To know more about the point of sale management, you can have a look to our documentation on the Point of Sale extension for Magento.
STEP 3: Manage Sales
Before anything, you must know that an order will be assigned to a pos or a warehouse according to the settings of those stores:
- the store view: if the customer is on the French, English or German view of your Magento store for example.
- the customers group: if it is about a retailer, wholesaler or a simple customer and according to your settings for the point of sale.
- the priority: if the warehouse has priority to another one.
- the availability of products: if a product is not available in the warehouse and must be sent from another one.
- the assignation rules: if for example you have decided that the warehouse in New York had to deliver to all USA except to California.
Use the assignation table
If you go to Sales > Orders, you should see a column named Assignation. A notification is displayed in the box. It can be:
- Green = It means that the order is assigned to one or more pos
- Grey = It means that the order doesn't need to be assigned (because of it's status or the start date for order assignation)
- Red = It means that the order is not assigned because some products must be assigned manually to a store.
If you click on a green or a red notification for example, a popup window opens and displays an assignation table. That table will show to which point(s) of sale each item is assigned and in which quantity (you can find the same table when viewing an order).
At any time you can edit this table if the assignations don't suit you.
In the example above, you can see how many items must be assigned in the Qty column. On line 3, two items must be assigned. The line is in red because one item still must be assigned.
Whenever you want, you can change the order's assignation by yourself by assigning items to different points of sale by clicking on the assignation table from the Assignation column available in Sales > Orders.
Some colors and symbols will help you to understand how the assignation table works:
- Numbers in Green: means that the pos has stock
- Numbers in Red: means that there is no stock and no backorders is allowed
- Numbers in Orange: means that backorders are allowed
- Stock not applicable is when multi-stock is disabled
- Stock management disabled is when you don't manage stock for a product at all
Use the assignation rules
The assignation rules allow to automatically assign orders placed on your website to one or more points of sale.
These rules are based on your customer's shipping address: code of the country and/or zip code and/or regional code.
Assignation rules allow you to define the geographical area that each one of your points of sale can cover.
To create assignation rules, go to Sales > POS / Warehouses > Manage POS / Warehouses, choose a point of sale and click on Edit.
In the Inventory settings tab, choose the option Assign orders depending on specific rules (if you can't see that tab, you probably need to enable the Automatic order assignation in System > Config > Wyomind > Advanced Inventory.) Here you can write your own assignation rules using the same syntax as Owebia Shipping extension (with their agreement).
- "*": By default, worldwide
- " ": If the Assignation Rules field is empty, the point of sale won't assign orders (except with Pick up At Store where the customer chooses the point of sale he wants).
Here are some examples you can use with Advanced Inventory:
- FR(*): All France
- FR(75*): All French zip codes starting with 75
- DE(7*): All German zip codes starting with 7 (Bade-Wurtemberg)
- US(CA): California / United-States
- FR,DE,CH,ES,IT: France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Italy
- * - (DE, FR(2A,2B)): Worldwide except Germany and Corsica in France
For flexible assignation rules, it is also possible to use regular expressions:
- FR(/^75[0-9]+$/): Paris (All French zip codes starting with 75 followed by numbers from 0 to 9, in other words Paris)
To better understand how to use assignation rules, you can have a look at Owebia Shipping's documentation.
STEP 4: Manage Products
Advanced Inventory allows you to manage the stocks for each one of your products and on different levels.
Before being able to use Advanced Inventory, you need to enable the multi-stocks option. There are several ways of doing it.
First, from Catalog > Manage stocks, you can select the products you want and then from the Actions dropdown at the top, select Enable multi-stock. Click on Submit and then on Save all changes.
You can also choose the option Enable multi-stock from the Actions column for a product in particular and then click on Save all changes.
Finally, if you go to Catalog > Manage products, choose a product and click on Edit. In the Inventory tab and Stocks subtab, you can decide to Enable multi-stock.
Use the tree-view
In Catalog > Manage products, you should see a column named Stocks. In that column, a tree-view shows the total of items for each store view.System > Config > Wyomind > Advanced Inventory.
Each point of sale is linked to one or more store views:
- FR pos: English and French Store views
- DE pos: English and German Store views
- US pos: English store view
For a product available in 3 points of sale:
- FR pos: 5 items,
- DE pos: 2 items,
- US pos: 4 items
You will get the following treeview:
English SV (11)
FR pos (5)
DE pos (2)
US pos (4)
French SV (9)
FR pos (5)
US pos (4)
German SV (6)
DE pos (2)
US pos (4)
You can also filter the results according to a store view. For example, if you choose the German store view, you will only get the products stocks of the points of sale linked to that store view.
For the same example as above, you should get:
German SV (6)
DE pos (2)
US pos (4)
STEP 5: Manage Stocks
Advanced Inventory allows you to manage stocks.
A tool named Stock movement journal will help you to see if all your changes have been taken into account. This includes changes made by any user, customer, or via the external api.
Go to Sales > POS / Warehouses > Stock movement journal. There you should find a list of all the actions you've done.
There are 4 ways to edit stocks:
- Edit stocks from the grid: Catalog > Manage Stocks / Manage stocks
- Edit stocks from the backend product page: Catalog > Manage Products
- Edit stocks with Mass Stock Update: System > Import/Export > Mass Stock Update
- Edit stocks with the API (web developers only)
Stocks for each point of sale are visible on the product page directly. The points of sale displayed will depend on the store views linked to the pos and on the store view that the customer has selected. If you don't see the product stocks for each point of sale, have a look to our FAQ.
Manage your stocks from the backend product page
You can manage your stocks for each point of sale at the product level. To have access to the backend product page, go, to Catalog > Manage Stocks and choose a product. Click on Edit and you will have the possibility to manage local stocks directly in the Inventory tab and Stocks subtab.
To manage your stocks, define Enable multi-stock on YES. Now you can manage your stocks for each point of sale. You have the possibility to enable stock management for one or more points of sale or to keep it disabled.
When stock management is enabled, you can define the product stock for each point of sale. You have also the possibility not to use default settings. If you untick that box, you have the choice between 3 options:
- No backorders: when there's no stock, it's impossible to order the product
- Allow quantity below 0: even if there is no stock, the product can be ordered.
- Allow quantity below 0, and notify customer: even if there is no stock, the product can be ordered and the customer will be able to see in the frontend that backorder is allowed for that product.
You can also filter by store view. For example, if you choose the French store view, you'll see only the point(s) of sale linked to that store view and the product quantity of the French store view.
Manage your stocks from the grid
Advanced Inventory allows you to manage your stocks from the product grid in Catalog > Manage Stocks. The product grid display for each product the quantity available.
You can enable or disable stocks by clicking on the arrow on the right of the grid. If you click on Disable multi-stocks, you won't be able to manage your products stocks.
If you decide to enable multi-stocks, you can enter directly in the grid the number of products in each point of sale. The quantity is then adjusted according to the number of items in each point of sale.
The orange circle next to a point of sale quantity means that backorders are allowed, so you can type -10, it will be deducted from the total quantity as you can see on the last line of the below example.
You can also filter by store view. For example, if you choose the French store view, you'll see only the point(s) of sale linked to that store view and the product quantity of the French store view.
Manage your stocks with Mass Stock Update
Advanced Inventory includes the Mass Stock Update extension that allows to massively update your stocks from a csv file.
Mass Stock Update can be used in 2 ways:
- Case A : A massive update of all your points of sale or warehouses in one time
- Case B : An update of only one/several of your points of sale or warehouses
Depending on the above case, the configuration is different.
Step 1: Profile settings
Step 2: File mapping
Match each column of the file with one of your points of sale or warehouses.
Step 1: Profile settings
Step 2: File mapping
Match the columns of your choice with one/several of your points of sale or warehouses.
Manage your stocks through the API
You may use a Web app or a software to manage your stocks. In order to make the link between that tool and your Magento, Advanced Inventory allows you to use the API to manage your stocks.
You should get an example file in your Magento root directory, in the Tools/api directory. It's called Advancedinventory-apicall.php.example.
There are 5 methods:
- setMultistock: to enable multi-stocks for products
- getWh: to get all the available pos/warehouses
- getData: to retrieve data (ex: the stock of a product in a particular pos/warehouse)
- setData: to update data (ex: update stocks of a product in a particular pos/warehouse)
- writejournal: To add a line in the stock movement journal
STEP 6: Manage permissions
Advanced Inventory allows you to assign permissions to the different admin users in Sales > POS/Warehouses > Manage users permissions.
Let's imagine you have 6 points of sale managed by 3 store owners:
- The first store owner manages FR and US points of sale.
- The second store owner manages SP and UK points of sale.
- The third store owner manages IT and DE points of sale.
Then you can assign permissions to them so that they can manage their own points of sale such as on the below example.
Now, when a store manager will log in (for example the third one), he'll be able to see, manage and change the number of items assigned to the points of sale he manages (IT and DE) among the orders placed by the customers.
Advanced Inventory, a multi stock management and dropshipping package!
Define an unlimited number of stock levels for each product
- Manage stocks for each pos/warehouse
- Automatically synchronize the pos inventory in your Magento® inventory
- Get an overview of your stocks for each pos/warehouse in a treeview
Dispatch your orders to one or more pos/warehouses
- Manually dispatch your orders
- Automatically dispatch your orders using country codes and/or zip codes
Assign permissions for each pos/warehouse
- NEW! Give each store owner permissions to manage pos/warehouse inventory and orders
Clearly display the stock levels and the pos on the frontend pages
- Display the stock levels of each pos on the product page
- Display all your pos on the Google map
Track all your stocks in one click
- Get low stock products notifications for each pos/warehouse
- NEW! Enable the stock movement journal
Facilitate your dropshipping management
- Automatically notify pos/warehouses when orders are placed
Control your stocks with ease
- Use the API to remotely manage your different stocks from a third party software/web app
- Import product data from CSV files
- Automatically change the product availability based on the stock amount
Which version of Magento® is supported by Advanced Inventory?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Advanced Inventory is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
How does Advanced Inventory manage the inventory of each warehouse/point of sale?
With Advanced Inventory extension, you have 2 ways to assign an order to one warehouse/point of sale:
- either the customer chooses to pickup his order from one point of sale (this means you must have setup the delivery method in System > Configuration > Shipping method)
- or the customer has chosen one of the classic delivery methods (fedex, ups,...), in that case Advanced Inventory automatically assigns the order depending on:
- the current store-view and the warehouse affected to that store-view
- the stock availability and specific local settings (allow backorders or not)
- the delivery rules you have specified (delivery area for each warehouse/point of sale depending on the customer shipping address)
I use M2E Pro, does Advanced Inventory work with it?
Yes this module can be used with M2E Pro. Using both extensions will allow you to manage all your stock levels on all your sales channels from your Magento system.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Advanced Inventory
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Advanced Inventory?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
How do I uninstall Advanced Inventory?
In order to uninstall Advanced Inventory, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Advanced Inventory ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
I get a fatal error concerning Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
- If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
- Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
I get an error saying ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.
It can happen on localhost environments because of rights on session files stored locally.
You have to rename app/code/local/wyomind/advancedinventory/sql/advancedinventory_setup to something different: for example advancedinventory_setup_XX.
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You can fix it by following these steps:
- Access your database via your control panel (Phpmyadmin for example).
- Delete the entry extension_setup from the core_resource table. Be careful, that entry depends on your extension. For example, if you have the extension called Simple Google Shopping, you should delete simplegoogleshopping_setup.
- Logout from your Magento admin.
- Log into your Magento admin.
How to manage the product and order Grids to override?
If your products/orders grid doesn't show any new columns, it means you may have some conflicts with other extensions.
Then, install the free extension Modules Conflict Detector from Alekseon. It will help you to check if you have conflicts in rewrites between installed modules.
Once the module is installed, if you go to Alekseon tools > Modules Conflict Detector, you should be able to see what the problem is.
In our case, we can see that the Order grid is overridden by CompanyName_ModuleName_block_adminhtml_Order_Grid.
In that case, copy the class name that overrides the default Magento grid, for example CompanyName_ModuleName_block_adminhtml_Order_Grid and go to System > Config > Wyomind > The extension and in the System tab, you're able to override 2 grids (depending on the module):
- Product grid to override: by default `Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Grid`
- Order grid to override: by default `Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_Grid'
You should then paste the new class name into the appropriated field and save your config.
I get an Advanced Inventory notice when I am trying to set "Decrease Stock When Order is Placed" to yes.
How to translate some text on the frontend?
For example, you want to translate some expressions for the French store view.
Go to your Magento root directory. Copy the Wyomind_advancedinventory.csv file under app/locale/en_US to app/locale/fr_FR (or to the language you want).
In that file, you can add some entries and translations. For example:
- "First name","Prénom"
- "Last name","Nom"
Here is below an example of a translation csv file.
You could also use the "Translate Inline" tool available in the magento system (System > Configuration > Advanced > Developer > Translate Inline).
How to assign an order to a point of sale/warehouse?
In a general point of view and for the smooth functionning of assignations, each pos/warehouse must have:
- One or more store views
- One or more customer groups
- Assignation rules based on shipping address (* meaning all destinations)
The automatic assignation is enabled in System > Config > Wyomind > Advanced Inventory. It is then taken into account according to the following settings:
- the priority of the pos/warehouse (priority field)
- the store view of the order
- the customer group
- the shipping address
- the availability of the items in the pos/warehouse
How to display the stocks for each point of sale in the front-office product page?
The stocks quantity should appear just under the product's short description next to each point of sale.
In the case where you don't see it, you can easily add the following line of code to the app/design/frontend/your_package/your_theme/template/catalog/product/view.phml file:
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('advancedinventory/stocks')->output($_product); ?>
This can be placed elsewhere on the page by amending the .phtml template.
How to get a report of the stocks available in the warehouses and points of sale?
You have the possibility to get a complete report of your stocks in System > Import/Export > Mass Stock Update. Click on Create a stock backup. A csv file including the stock status will be generated and a notification will be displayed in your admin.
You can also be notified when stocks levels are low. For that, you can go to Sales > POS/Warehouses > Manage POS/Warehouses. Choose a point of sale or a warehouse and click on Edit. In the Inventory Setting tab, you will find a link for Low stock notification feed (if you can't see that tab, you probably need to enable the Automatic order assignation in System > Config > Wyomind > Advanced Inventory.).
If you click on the feed, you should be able to see all low stock products for that particular point of sale or warehouse as on the example below.
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Working as excepted
We had some small issues with this module at the start, but since then it's working as expected. We're planning to using it on our main webstore, when it has been fully tested and tried on our smaller webstore. Overall, it's a great module!
Domonkos Székely - http://www.szexifehernemu.hu
16th March 2017
Great tools for multi wharehouses stocks
Yannick - http://www.lepetitballon.com
13th March 2017
I have used this for many years now, and never had an issue we import stock from 10+ locations and it always runs smoothly. We use this along side channel selling software to create a 'pool' of stock alongside pricing software this makes day to day running of a large store easy (35000+ products)
Adam Boyd - http://www.afterhours.co.uk/
21st February 2017
Extension with many features
I use the advanced inventory extension now for 1,5 years and it is a great extension with many features. We have 5 warehouses and 80 sales points. We import the stock from our ERP system into Magento 3 times a day and this is working great. Now we can inform our customer with stock. The extension we use on 3 stores and on Magento Enterprise. The support on this extension is really great and helped us very fast.
Fons H - http://www.bmn.nl
20th February 2017
Great dedicated Support from the Wyomind staff
We recently upgraded to PHP7 and noticed some issues while re-editing orders. Wyomind took all the time and patience to help and solve the 2 small issues until everything was fine again. I would recommend this module because it is lean and mean with great support that understands what you mean. You'll never end up with a non-working module.
Olivier Bakker - http://www.nature-reveals.com
20th February 2017
This is an incredible module
The support these guys give is incredible. I cannot recommend this module anymore.
20th February 2017
This extension is fantastic, does exactly what I need!
9th February 2017
Great Extension with very great support.This is the best module for multi stock management. You can manage stock location details and can manage stock status by products. But with the query to calculate stock that be called every time has performance problem when has huge amount of warehouse. (Still can not fix it)
Muze Developer - http://muzeinnovation.com/
9th February 2017
Great functionality for inventory management
Our business has more than 30 warehouses in 3 countries, our project hosts 3 multiple websites and stores. We have a huge catalog with 100k+ products. And this extension perfectly copes with all this data, we are able to sync stocks with erp via custom soap methods and have excellent configuration options in the admin panel.
Oleksandr Kiriyenko - https://b2b.nowystyl.ua
7th February 2017
We were looking for a module to support inventory across multiple warehouses, the Advanced Inventory module was just what we needed and has worked well for us.
mark - www.cowshedonline.com
3rd February 2017
Best extension for multistore, and excellent premium support
This extension provide really multi inventory, easy to use backend and good support. Highly recommend, if you want manage inventories through different warehouses and pos.
2nd February 2017
This module works great for our 5 stores and webshop!
Levix Automatisering - http://nieuw.levix.nl
25th January 2017
The "Advanced Inventory" extension is really good extension.
23rd January 2017
The extension enabled us easily to manage multiple warehouses and also to sync with local stocklevels via regular, automated imports.
Sebastian Jandrey - http://fischers-lagerhaus.de
18th January 2017
Very professional team.
Wyomind is fast, professional and has one of the best supports. We had some needs for customization of this module, Wyomind did all of our requests with a very good and cheap price.
Detintelligentehjem - https://detintelligentehjem.dk
11th January 2017
Excellent extensions for online shops that provide in-store pickup
Convenient to setup stores for pickup. The advanced inventory management let us set inventory per stores. This help us to provide instant pickup and get more orders.
3rd January 2017
I was searching for warehouse management module for Magento 2 and Wyomind seemed to has the highest features/price rate. That's why I chose Advanced Invetory module. Now I see it was good decision. Easy to use, great support. Hope it will remain. I had to import many items, but didn't want to buy additional module for import. As I have some developer experience, I manage to change some settings on database due to intelligible database structure by Wyomind. Therefore, it was possible to combine default Magento import and Advanced Inventory module features.
Gediminas - http://outpro.lt
2nd January 2017
Extension does the job. However, free upgrade period is way to short for Magento 2 version. At least most important patches to keep it running should stay free.
Kuba - http://Snow.dog
29th December 2016
The Best Magento Extension for Muti Stock Managment with Store Pickup Capability
Our business has 10 local stores, and I was looking for a way to enable store pickup with inventory management of each store. This extension does it all from A-Z. It will allow you to assign the correct quantity for each store (not just a single stock of all stores combined) + it allows customers who shop online to see and select the preferred store pick of each item (based on stock availability) + the stock update can be done via cron jobs as often as every 30 minutes. I did have a few issues, but the Wyomind team was always quick to fix it. I strongly recommend
26th December 2016
We are using this product on our site and it works fine. I had problem in setting up the extensions and contact the support which helped me. Thank you Team Wyomind, Happy New Year.
Abid Malik - http://roadmaster.com.co
17th December 2016
Better extension for multi wh, missing some functionality
This is the better extension for multi warehouse, though missing some functionality. First the good stuff: it support multi WH and is quote easy to set-up and use. We did have some small problems when installing july 2016. Response time to queries is fair though improvements are not treated a little sceptic. Great work and glad these guys exist ;PWould really love to see- support for returns where warehouses can return items to another warehouse .(so a warehouse has a different return to warehouse when issuing refund)- Remote stock import via wget/http(s)- Stock import that is a little more flexible than the current method. Multiple files are not set-up easily and also sometimes files are uploaded with a date in it - so the filename is varying.- Speed of import can be improved
12th July 2016
Advanced Features with Outstanding Support Team
The "Advanced Inventory" extension is really advanced. If you need to manage inventory of multiple locations this is a great solution. You can also let your customer select a local store for pickup (based on each store's inventory). The support team is really amazing. Any issue I had was solve very quickly (usually within 1 hour). I strongly recommend.
20th May 2016
Great extensions, excellent support
This extension provides us with exactly that what we were looking for. Simple installation and with additional question to support, quick reply and most of all, a solution that works! Keep going on like this!
8th March 2016
Great product and support!
I am very impressed with how fast they have been responding to any of our enquiries.Keep up the good work!
19th February 2016
Amazing Customer Support
I tried adding another multi-stock to our store only to have a dozen problems and no answers on how to solve them. I decided to try Advanced Inventory and couldn't be happier. I had issues when I first installed but within minutes I had direct and extremely useful help from the developers. This has everything we need and can't compliment the support enough!
18th February 2016
Support guys are fantastic, all my requests was done perfectly, code extension easy to extend, we do a find store app like GAP with no problems.
19th January 2016
Top Usability and Customer Support
Does exactly what I need and more. Several issues were quickly solved by support.
6th November 2015
Great Extension. Well written. The built in API is easy to integrate and adds great flexibility. The customer support is superb!
19th October 2015
Exceptional Company and Plug-In
The plug-in worked great and was really the only extension out there that was this refined in development. We are extremely satisfied with its performance.Also, the customer service. Words can't express just how helpful this company's team is. I think they should be awarded for the best customer service. Not only should the award be given this award within this industry but it should probably extend to a global customer service award. It is very rare to find this much support.
7th October 2015
Amazing module - fantastic support
This module has allowed us to manage our warehouses effectively.It works absolutely great!The support is super too!Anytime we need the guys, they are there at the end of an email and respond very quickly.
23rd September 2015
Works as expected, really good support!
Every function works as expected and installation was easy. Had to contact support to help me out with a local payment solution and got AAA grade support in no time. Excellent!
11th June 2015
Wow, best support ever!
Great extension, it makes my work really easier. But I think that the best part is the developer support: Paul and Pierre reply to all my support requests fast and solve any problem I had.Good job!
28th May 2015
Advanced inventory es base facil de usar
Advanced inventory permite manejar facilmente multiples warehouse o puntos de venta, al mismo tiempo que muestra el inventario real y permite asignar automaticamente las ordenes a punto de venta mas proximo.
8th May 2015
Function as expected and Excellent support
The extension has worked as expected. Their support is excellent and quick response. They will able to help us with quick solutions whenever we have questions.
16th April 2015
A must-have if you have multiple-warehouse
Very well made extension. Smart stock attribution rules per order can be created in a minute. Very good support in French and English. Thank you.
13th February 2015
WOW! Amazing module and outstanding developer support!
I really cannot praise this module enough!It allows us to synchronise multiple stock level inventories into our warehouses through magento streamlining our stock management system.The developer support is outstanding, I really cannot praise them enough for their promptness and efficiency!
20th January 2015
Truly top notch support, excellent plugin
I am quite wary of web reviews as I'm never sure what is real or not, but I had read that Wyomind provided good support to their customers.We had some problems installing this plugin and emailed their support. A reply came back within an hour and we worked with a developer there to sort everything out.Then we later had a request for adding custom columns to the advanced inventory stock manager and a developer again responded immediately with a custom step by step instruction on how to accomplish what we wanted.I'm really impressed by this company, it is amongst the best support I have had when dealing with web software. Friendly, courteous and most importantly, very fast and effective.
26th November 2014
WOW the support is exceptional
We had a few issues with the implementation of this module but wow did they act fast!Much appreciated!Fantastic module too, does exactly what we need for much less cost than competitors!
18th November 2014
Excellent solution for multiple inventories
I have to add another one to these positive reviews. Extension is very well written, it lets you manage inventory in very intuitive way. Also you have a lot of flexibility to adjust setting to suite your needs.With the extension you also get Mass Stock Update module, which is also very useful if you update stocks from external sources.
12th August 2014
Very Useful extension and great support !
We purchased this plugin because we needed to manage multiple stocks for one product, according to which website you were on, as we didn't know we had to buy Magento Enterprise edition to do this.We had some trouble with our database configuration, as our script configured the "configurable product" with "manage local stock", which is wrong and not doable in Magento.I contacted the support, without knowing what was wrong, and the support found the bug + the solution within 2 days !Wyomind was very patient and professional, as they resolved the problem very quickly, responding to email and phone calls.One of the big joy, was to find that the extension that we bought included "Mass Stock Update", which is very useful and quick, and which we use now.I would recommend this extension, for its use, and the support that comes with it.
2nd July 2014
Good extension and GREAT support!
I'm currently managing a really complex store and I found this extension extremely useful due to my needs.After installation I had some troubles during automatic import, but developers supported me in a FANTASTINC way (they reply to over 20 emails almost instantly), so I solve the issue in a working day.I really recommend this product and this developer.
10th June 2014
Best Support from a Magento Developer
After having had 10 - 15 support queries answered in a very short space of time and all to a very high level of professionalism i wanted to add my first review onto magento connectPierre and Paul at Wyomind have been massively patient with my overly complex site. They provided a quick and painless custom option for one the plugins i got packaged with advanced inventory and have logged in to fix bugs on multiple occasions with speed and knowledge of their products really showing through.Wyomind are a credit to Magento Developers everywhere. I only wish i could clone them to make every other plugin i use.
22nd May 2014
Great extension - Amazing support
We installed the extension and we found an incompatibility issue with another 3rd party extension.One hour after asking Wyomind for help they had the issue solved.Now, that's support!The extension now works perfectly, and solves our multi-warehouse scenario perfectly.Don't go for more expensive multi warehouse extensions. If this one fits your needs, look no more and buy it.
23rd October 2013
Awesome plugin for retail location management
An indispensable plugin for our magento based point of sale system. All the stores use the magento site as a point of sale terminal and Advanced inventory accurately tracks and routs all the orders appropriately within that system. Everything updates correctly when orders are placed and returns are sent to the correct stock.Installation was a bit rocky, but support from Pierre has been amazing and has helped me overcome some hurtles very quicklyWould highly recommend, if you have multiple stores and need all their inventories tracked through your magento install.Room for improvement:Improved documentation (specifically the assignment rules)Having an option to hide locations based on login in the "manage stocks" section so store owners can't adjust other peoples stock by accident.Very happy with the plugin!
19th September 2013
We purchased this extension to support our multiple physical stores and provide pickup in store as an option for our customers.The developers have been very responsive in answering our questions and have solved a compatibility issue with the PayPal extension in CE 1.7.02. Great service.
4th August 2013
Irreplaceable inventory extension
So we are a traditional bricks and mortar business with 10 stores in the UK. It was vital for us to have a solid extension for our new online store that gave the customer concise information about where our products are available. Using alongside the Localstores module to give the shopper a more local experience.The simple structure of the tables also makes it simple to run updates from our system to Magento every 15 minutes ensuring the stock levels are always accurate.I have developed a reserve and collect module that works in tandem with this and it adds an extra dimension to our online portal.Always great support from Pierre over the last 12 months too - he knows the code and always provides a quick and concise answer via email.
5th July 2013
Excellent extension and awesome support
Extension does exactly what is advertised plus a lot of features I did not need when buying but were helpful later... Had a few questions about the use of this extension, asked the dev who was more than helpful with quick and precise answers. Also, support provided in French which was a plus for me, french speakers.
26th June 2013
Excellent for Multi-Store / Multi-Location websites
Looked at many extensions that are supposed to split inventory based on warehouse locations, and many had features missing, very expensive, or were so complicated that the chance of creating bugs was very high.This is extension does exactly what we need and more!Very happy with it, and great customer service.
5th June 2013
End of Chaos!
We have started using this module because we have 2 different store locations and until now the sync between both was a pure horror.With this module we can see how many items are available in both stocks and we can update our order process from the main store.The support by Wyomind is great. We had a problem with 2 options and emailed the support. Within 15 minutes we got the answer and both problems are fixed.Thanks!
3rd June 2013
Wyomind clearly understands the complex needs of running a small online/offline business. This module allows us to manage our stock simply and easily. And the built-in flexibility let's us do it in the way we need to!We have been looking for along time for a module to do just that. It is so close to perfect for our situation that it could have been written just for us. Other modules that we tried - even though far more feature-rich - could not meet our needs.And the support is amazing! Installation - provided by Wyomind - went without a hitch. Small glitches were handled immediately. And every question answered instantlyHighly recommended!.
1st June 2013
Great Extension - Helped Store owners a lot!
Bought this extension together with Store Pickup.This extensions offers great functionality for Store Owners. Magent does not offer Pickup at Store functionality out of the box and this is great extension!Also the Multistore inventory functionality is great.Helping to organize the stock/warehouses.I have looked over several extensions but this is the one to go.
11th April 2013
Great extension, the possibility
Great extension, the possibility of making changes to the quantities for several products in a single table is spectacular.
8th February 2013
Just bought this extension and wo
Just bought this extension and would thank the team behind Wyomind for the support. They fixed an issue caused by another extension free of charge. Can strongly recommend Wyomind.
9th October 2012
Great extensions and even better
Great extensions and even better support through mail. Really useful for our business!
25th July 2012
I was looking for an extension to
I was looking for an extension to manage multi stock locations for a long time. This one met all our needs. It works really well and the support has been excellent. I can't recommend this enough.
24th June 2012
After looking far and wide for an
After looking far and wide for an adequate multi-stock management extension, we decided to use this one. See the analysis on my site: http://ma.juii.net/blog/multiple-stocks-in-magento And this one fits our needs nicely. It also has unique features not found in other solutions, notably the comfortable stock level modification using arrow keys, and the functionality of the Wyomind Local Stores extension for showing your local stores to the public in Google Maps. The extension is based on keeping the regular Magento stock level intact (called "online stocks") and syncing additional local stocks to it either manually or automatically. That was a bit confusing at first, but it enables you to distribute orders to your local shops also after the orders are placed. In addition, this way of implementing it seems also to minimize possible conflicts with other extensions (always something to care about when extensions have to overwrite Magento core functionality). On that note, collaboration with the developer is just great: he's very open to suggestions and ideas, and turnaround time is fast.
2nd May 2012
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v5.5.0released on 20/02/2017
- Unlimited number of point of sales and warehouses (was limited to 61 previously)
- v5.4.0released on 16/01/2017
- Improved check of the quantities available when adding a product to the cart
- v5.1.7released on 27/04/2016
- Improved management of grid rewriting when adding columns into the products and orders grids
- v5.1.6released on 24/03/2016
- Improved management of the points of sale display
- v5.1.5released on 05/11/2015
- Fix for Credit Memo
- v5.1.4released on 27/10/2015
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE 6788
- v5.1.3released on 20/05/2015
- Notices and warnings cleanup
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE-6285
- v5.1.2released on 26/03/2015
- Improved management for disabled pos
- v5.1.1released on 04/03/2015
- Fix on the products grid display
- v5.1.0released on 26/01/2015
- Stocks initialization option
- v5.0.1released on 20/01/2015
- Diverse updates
- v5.0.0released on 21/11/2014
- Stocks movements logs
- Stocks update API
- Low stock notifications for each pos and warehouse
- Multi-shipping management
- Optimized stocks grid
- Compatibility with the new version of M2E Pro
- Fix for the management of saleable for configurable products
- Minor fix on Wyomind_Advancedinventory_Model_CatalogInventory_Stock_Item
- v4.4.0released on 22/11/2013
- Compatibility with M2E Pro
- Dynamic management of configurable products
- Stock management by Store view in the admin
- Minor fix for virtual products
- v4.3.5released on 04/09/2014
- Orders display according to points of sale permissions
- v4.3.4released on 16/05/2014
- Compatibility with Point Of Sale
- v4.3.3released on 26/08/2013
- Fix on data.php for bundle product
- Fix on the backorders display
- v4.3.2released on 12/08/2013
- Backorder messages visible in cart
- Assignations visible in the order details
- Fix for Paypal Orders and Bundle Products
- v4.3.1released on 31/07/2013
- Fix for Paypal checkout
- v4.3.0released on 12/07/2013
- Log of all assignation processes when log files are enabled
- Minimum salable quantity now integrated to the stock availability
- v4.2.1released on 10/06/2013
- Update of the Saleable function for minimum stocks
- v4.2.0released on 24/04/2013
- Improvement of the Saleable function
- v4.1.0released on 26/03/2013
- Allocation into several modules
- Code cleanup
- v4.0.1released on 12/03/2013
- Email delivery verification
- Update of the import process function
- v4.0.0released on 25/02/2013
- Importation tool based on CSV files
- v3.6.0released on 30/01/2013
- New scenario addition: "single store-view / multi-warehouse"
- v3.5.0released on 15/09/2012
- Store pickup delivery method
- v3.4.8released on 09/09/2012
- Notification emails to the inventory owner for each order placed
- v3.4.7released on 01/09/2012
- Fix on Wyomind_Advancedinventory_Model_CatalogInventory_Stock_Item
- v3.4.6released on 06/08/2012
- Fix for Enterprise Edition and Professional Edition when installing
- v3.4.5released on 13/07/2012
- Minor bug fixed for the date picker
- v3.4.4released on 03/07/2012
- Minor bug fixed in the product view
- v3.4.3released on 16/06/2012
- Minor fix on configurable stock decrement/increment
- v3.4.2released on 08/05/2012
- Optimized presentation of the product view and the configuration
- Diverse modifications to allow the compilation
- New translations
- v3.4.0released on 08/05/2012
- Backup option on the stocks grid for each row (ENTER key)
- Calculation of the available products according to the Store view / local stocks
- Configuration clarification (global stock, local stocks)
- Fix on classes names
- v3.3.0released on 25/04/2012
- Start date for order notification
- New event for credit memo (Magento bug on stock returns)
- v3.2.1released on 04/04/2012
- Several updates
- v3.2.0released on 04/04/2012
- Management of the observers: submit_order, order_cancelled, is_saleable
- Stocks management according to Store View
- v3.1.0released on 04/04/2012
- Code updates
- v3.0.0released on 04/04/2012
- Enable/Disable all local stocks
- Backend orders assignation
- Refactoring of reassignAction() getOrderedItems()
- v2.1.0released on 25/02/2012
- Grid of the available stocks
- v2.0.1released on 22/02/2012
- Minor fix on the stock grid query
- Formatting fix
- v2.0.0released on 01/02/2012
- Minor modifications
- v1.0.0released on 01/01/2012
- First Release
- v6.3.0released on 19/01/2017
- v6.2.0released on 13/12/2016
- Support for multi databases (Magento EE feature)
- Add an availability message for each point of sale
- v6.1.2released on 16/09/2016
- Creditmemo fixed
- Mass action on stock grid fixed
- Notification for unassigned orders fixed
- v6.1.1released on 30/08/2016
- Fix an issue when proceessing a creditmemo
- v6.1.0released on 20/07/2016
- Advanced Inventory is compatible with Magento 2.1.0
- v6.0.7released on 07/07/2016
- Automatic assignation of orders from Paypal (Express + IPN)
- v6.0.6released on 09/06/2016
- JS fix for the permissions management from the admin
- v6.0.5released on 29/05/2016
- Fix for the creation of configurable products
- v6.0.4released on 11/05/2016
- Coding fixes
- v6.0.3released on 20/04/2016
- Fix on the stocks grid for Magento multi-stock management
- v6.0.2released on 15/04/2016
- A php notice was triggered when saving a product from a store view scope that has no point of sale or warehouse associated.
- v6.0.1released on 10/02/2016
- New management of licenses for Magento 2
- v6.0.0released on 25/01/2016
- Advanced Inventory is compatible with Magento 2