How to use Quantity Switcher for Magento
STEP 1: Install the Quantity Switcher extension
To install the Quantity Switcher free extension on your Magento admin, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Wyomind account.
- From the extension page, click on DOWNLOAD and then on BUY NOW (no worry, the extension is free).
- You should be redirected to:
Your accountLicenses & Downloads
- Click the settings icon next to the extension.
- Select the version you want to download and click the Download button.
- Install the extension.
- Activate your free license.
The Quantity Switcher extension is now installed and ready to use!
STEP 2: Use the Quantity Switcher extension
Quantity Switcher allows you to add a +/- button directly on the product pages.
This will give the customers the ability to easily change the number of items they want to add in their cart.
STEP 3: Use the Quantity Switcher extension with another package
If you're using a different package than the default one, you need to copy the following skin, template and layout to your package so that it can work:
- Copy app>design>frontend>default>default>layout>qtyswitcher.xml
Paste it in app>design>frontend>your_package>default>layout
- Copy app>design>frontend>default>default>template>qtyswitcher>qtyswitcher.phtml
Paste it in app>design>frontend>your_package>default>template>qtyswitcher
- Copy skin>frontend>default>default
Paste it in skin>frontend>your_package>defaultQuantity Switcher