is available for Magento® 2
How to use the Elasticsearch extension?
Elasticsearch is a real-time distributed search and analytics engine which allows you to explore your data very quickly. It is used for full-text search, structured search, analytics, and all three in combination.
And it packages up all this functionality into a standalone server that your application can talk to via a simple RESTful API, using a web client from your favorite programming language, or even from the command line.
The Elasticsearch extension will allow you to make the link between the search and analytics engine and Magento.
You can find more information on the product here:
STEP 1: Install and run Elasticsearch server
As Elastic advises, "the easiest way to understand what Elasticsearch can do for you is to play with it".
To be able to use the Elasticsearch extension and reach the server, you first need to have a recent version of Java. You can easily install the latest version of Java from www.java.com.
Then you can install and run the Elasticsearch engine following below steps.
You can download the latest version of Elasticsearch from elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch.
Once it is downloaded, you can extract the archive file.
Once you’ve extracted the archive file, Elasticsearch is ready to run.
To run Elasticsearch, open a console and run the following command:
If you’re running Elasticsearch on Windows, simply run:
You can easily test if the Elasticsearch engine is reached by opening a new terminal window and running the following:
You should then get:
You now have an Elasticsearch node up and running.
STEP 2: Enable the Elasticsearch method
To configure Elasticsearch in a general way, go to System > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Search.
Configure the general parameters
In the Catalog Search tab, you can choose Elasticsearch as the Search Engine.
When choosing Elasticsearch as the Search engine, more options should display:
- Enable Debug Mode: will display potential error messages in the frontend.
- Enable Suggestion: will display a suggestion if search engine detects a better text query ("Did you mean?" feature).
- Servers: must be written as host:port and separated by a comma.
- Verify Host: only used for https connection. Set that option to No if you don't have a valid SSL certificate.
- Server Timeout: number of seconds after a timeout occurs for every request. If you’re using indexing of file, large value is necessary.
- Index Prefix: used to prefix index names in order to avoid potential collisions.
- Number of Shards: having more shards enhances the indexing performance and allows to distribute a big index across machines.
- Number of Replicas: define the number of replicas. Note that having more replicas enhances the search performance and improves the cluster availability.
- Safe Reindex: reindex in a temporary index and switch to it once finished. Especially useful for large product catalogs.
- Query Operator: by default it is set to AND. For example, with the AND operator, the same query is translated to "digital AND camera", with the OR operator, the query "digital camera" is translated to "digital OR camera". You may have less results with the AND operator but they’ll be more relevant.
- Enable Source Storage: should we store source data in Elasticsearch or not. Keep this setting to No for better performances. Will be forced to Yes if fast autocomplete is enabled.
- Enable Fuzzy Query: enable the approximative search.
Manage your Indexes
The Elastic Search extension adds 3 more indexes that you can find in System > Index Management:
- Elasticsearch Product: Rebuild product fulltext search index
- Elasticsearch Category: Rebuild category fulltext search index
- Elasticsearch CMS Pages: Rebuild CMS pages fulltext search index
You can easily reindex data by selecting those 3 indexes and by clicking on Submit.
STEP 3: Configure your search with Elastic Search
You can now configure your search in System > Configuration > Bubble Extensions > Elasticsearch.
In the General Settings subtab, you will be able to Enable Response Header. This will enable a custom response header for debug purpose.
By default, the autocomplete will display terms suggestions for your search.
You can choose to Enable Autocomplete in order to override the default autocomplete and to display products directly.
If enabled, 2 additional options will be displayed:
- Autocomplete Limit: define the maximum number of results displayed in the autocompletion. For example 3.
- Enable Fast Autocomplete: use the fast autocomplete (with a payload during indexation).
You can also define a translation for each one of the labels that will be displayed in the autocomplete box as well as add new ones in the Autocomplete Labels field.
This option is very useful if your website is available in different languages. You can then change the scope to a store view, for example the French one, and translate each autocomplete label to the French word.
Below is what you should get with the above example:
With the Elastic Search extension, you can make your products searchable in the autocomple box. Several options exist to enhance the search.
- Enable Auto Redirect: If only 1 result matches the query, the user will be redirected to the product page automatically.
- Enable in Autocomplete: If enabled, products will be searchable in the autocomplete box.
- Image Size: define the size of the images in the autocomplete box in px. By default the value is set on 50px.
- Enable Thumbnails Generation: enable that option if you want to generate products thumbnails. They’ll be generated during indexation and increase execution time. Note that this will impact only the first indexation process since thumbnails are cached for next indexations. If that option is disabled, the uploaded images will be used without any payload at indexation time but big images may be loaded in autocomplete box.
You can Enable Category Search. If enabled, categories will then be indexed in Elasticsearch and new parameters will be displayed in the configuration.
- Enable in Search Results: if enabled, categories will also be displayed in the right column of search results page.
- Enable in Autocomplete: if enabled, categories will also be searchable in autocomplete box.
- Search Results Limit: is the limit number of results that will be displayed in the right column of search results page. Note that 0 or empty field means unlimited.
- Show Category Path: If enabled, category path will be displayed in the right column of search results page.
- Searchable Attributes: define which category attributes are searchable. For example the Description and the Name.
You can Enable CMS Search. If enabled, CMS pages will be indexed in Elasticsearch and new parameters will be displayed in the configuration.
- Enable in Search Results: If enabled, CMS pages will also be displayed in the right column of the search results page.
- Enable in Autocomplete: If enabled, CMS pages will also be searchable in the autocomplete box.
- Search Results Limit: Limit number of results displayed in the right column of the search results page. Note that “0” or empty means unlimited.
- Searchable Attributes: Define which attributes are searchable.
- Excluded Pages: Selected CMS pages will be excluded from search.
STEP 4: Manage your product attributes
The Elastic Search extension allows you to easily boost your product attributes in the search results by giving them a weight.
Give weight to your products attributes
Boost your search results with Elasticsearch®!
Enjoy a powerful autocomplete
- Benefit from a very fast autocomplete
- Improve the user experience with the automatic suggestion ("Did you mean?" feature)
- Search on products, categories and CMS pages
Boost your product attributes
- Give higher weight to your attributes
- Search on attribute options
Manage your index with ease
- Use the ultra-fast indexation
- Handle thousands of products easily
Completely configure your Elastic Search extension
- Define a configuration specific to each store view
Which version of Magento® is supported by Elasticsearch®?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Elasticsearch® is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Elasticsearch®
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Elasticsearch®?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Elasticsearch® ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
I get an error saying "Elasticsearch server is not reachable"
This error means that the Elastisearch server is not running.
Then you need to make sure the Elasticsearch server is installed and launched. For this, you can follow the STEP 1.
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Fantastic extension and support!
The extension is great and provides out of the box functionality. What really sets Wyomind apart is their support. They make sure you are successful. Highly recommend!
16th February 2017
Far better than the core Magento Enterprise Elastic Search functionality. More reliable, more functionality. Definitely recommended.
Chris R - http://www.larryadler.com
13th February 2017
Wyomind is the only foreign company we trust in! The support is great and fast, we never have seen this quality in supporting software. we can recommend the whole team. The extensions are also really helpful
NIco - http://www.tonerzilla.de
13th January 2017
Extremely quick, easy to understand (even for me) and very good results. Thanks for another great module guys (and all the support)
5th January 2017
Nice support for elastic search for magento 1.9
We need some modification for our website. Elasticsearch was a huge help for searching our 40.000 products catalog. Wyomind support was excellent and very fast, they replied in < 1 hour.
Elio Baldini - https://www.casaebagno.it
3rd January 2017
Amélioration recherche Magento
- Simple à configurer côté admin Magento - Côté serveur, pour les néophytes, il faudra passer par prestataire pour installer le serveur elastic search - Un souci, cependant... depuis une maj de Magento vers la 184.108.40.206... la fonction voir tous les produits ne fonctionne plus (gênant même handicapant - recherche solution)
1st January 2017
A must for improving search results
Installation is really quick. It's a must for the users to help them find the products they are really looking for. Highly recommend it !
22nd December 2016
Very good search extension
I have tried solr bridge, but this extension with elasticsearch is more flexible and way better customizable. I recommend this extension if you are looking for better search results. Very fast support and problem solvers.
18th December 2016
A must have extension and fast support!
Initially had some trouble getting the module working with my theme but Wyomind had it sorted out in no time. The default search in Magento 1 is very lackluster so we needed something that gave more precise search result and this extension did exactly that. Would highly recommend.
André - http://savdoktoren.dk
16th December 2016
Best solution for elasticsearch
After trying many different opensource/free modules none were providing full operation without errors.Fast process (less than 5 mins) from purchasing to install with no issues at all.
8th December 2016
Extremely responsive support
Extremely responsive support that has gone above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction. Code quality is unparalleled, Wyomind have proven themselves time and time again with amazing extensions. Very happy!
22nd September 2016
Powerful Extension and Support
Great fast module and support is also very very good and fast.
23rd October 2015
Great and fast Support
This extension in combination with elastic search is a must have for every magento shop!Although it was not working after installation bubble support was fast, kind and effectiv in helping to get it work as should!
21st October 2015
This extension is pure magic.Extremely easy to install and configure.Needed to make a small change and it was very easy to do. The code is clean and respect Magento's guidelines.Support was really fast (less than a day to answer) and really helpful.If you want to upgrade Magento's basic search, this is the way to go!
27th August 2015
Johann was very quick to respond and provided excellent support. We had an issue with a theme file that he fixed very quickly.Would definitely buy from him again.
20th August 2015
Great extension - great support
We have a new webshop with more than 250k+ products. So we had to get a good and fast search. We wanted a fulltext search (even the descriptions of the products should be indexed) with features like suggestions on bad search phrases and a fault tolerant search. So MySQL as engine has been no choice. On our search for better fulltext search engines we found elasticsearch a cluster based search engine (single node on localhost is possible too). And even better we found this extension that would integrate our elasticsearch engine.The search indexing process in the backend is really fast even with descriptions of the products included (< 10 minutes) The performance and the relevance of the search results in the frontend are fast, impressive and more than satisfying. The speed, relevance and ordering of the search hits is outstanding good.We found a little bug and contacted the developer. The response time and time for eliminating the bug has been fast and competent.Yes, we are a very satisfied customer and yes we recommend this extension.
12th August 2015
Highly recommended search enhancement
Let's face it, the integrated MySQL search stinks. This module adds support for elasticsearch, which is the current state-of-the-art open source search solution.Not only is this search engine lightning quick, but it comes with features like a suggest that actually suggests something before the sun goes down, complete with thumbnails of the products in the suggest fold-down menu. Fuzzy search means you can mistype and still get good results, and with added "Did you mean?" suggestions.The Bubble Search module integrates all this nicely into Magento in an easy to use fashion and with useful default settings. Other than you having to install elasticsearch, which is easy to do for a search engine, it is basically plug and play.I've found the developer's support to be outstanding, he's always quick to respond and help if a problem arises. Take it from someone who's been in the Enterprise Search business for a good dozen years: You want this search, and you don't need a way more expensive legacy search solution for most business cases.
16th October 2014
All seems to work well
A little tweaking on the settings side to allow greater weight to the product title and now the results work well. Easy installation. Would recommend
21st September 2014
Very Good Support and good quality extension
Johann has been very helpful and has helped make sure the extension works the way it should. very prompt email support. It is on of the best search extensions on the market. Highly recommend it.
29th July 2014
Fast and easy to integrate, works perfect!
Excellent code quality, easy to integrate and it does what's been described on the box ;)If you need a fast industry standard drop-in replacement for the default magento search with ElasticSearch base, you should take an eye on this nice extension.
28th July 2014
Elasticsearch by BubbleShop A++++
Magento's built in search is worthless in the niche i'm in. So many people misspell the names of products or don't know exactly what they are searching for. Elasticsearch to the rescue! It's able to work without any special settings and deliver the correct products to the user. Search is useful again!Support has been fast for me, even on weekends.Just remember to secure your elasticsearchI use iptables:(maybe centOS specific)Secure Elasticsearchsudo iptables -A INPUT -i lo -p tcp --dport 9200 -j ACCEPTsudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 9200 -j DROPMust do this to each port elasticsearch is using 9201,etc..To undo the abovesudo iptables -D INPUT -i lo -p tcp --dport 9200 -j ACCEPTsudo iptables -D INPUT -p tcp --dport 9200 -j DROPThen runservice iptables restart
2nd June 2014
Works out of the box
This extension works good. However, developer support is poor. Developers are giving suggestions that are not very helpful and the response time is slow.
14th April 2014
Lightweight, working and clean extension
It's just working and indexing speed is overwhelming.Nice work.
6th February 2014
As a Magento Certified developer myself I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this module and the code. Not much configuration required.The support from the developer was great! (had a question or two regarding backporting this module to 1.6.1)This module in combination with a simple elasticsearch installation spead up our 200.000 product search immensly and gives much better results.
18th September 2013
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v4.3.0released on 01/02/2017
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch server 5.x
- v4.2.1released on 09/01/2017
- The auto-complete panel supports now the synonyms.
- v4.2.0released on 02/11/2016
- Can now add a weight to the products to boost them in the search results
- Compatibility with Magento 220.127.116.11
- v4.1.5released on 23/09/2016
- Check the Elasticsearch server's status directly from the admin
- v4.1.4released on 07/09/2016
- Better support of the multi-currency store views
- v4.1.3released on 11/06/2016
- Fix for Magento Enterprise when retrieving products urls
- v4.1.2released on 09/02/2016
- Added more flexibility on keyword search for SKU attribute
- Fixed missing product URL if core_url_rewrite.options is empty instead of null
- Fixed bug if autocomplete.php is a symlink
- v5.3.0released on 01/02/2017
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch server 5.x
- v5.2.0released on 04/10/2016
- Search weight by product: you can now apply a weight to each product individually
- Data browser: you can now check the data indexed in Elasticsearch server directly from the backoffice
- v5.1.6released on 02/10/2016
- Better handling of products list when using layered navigation
- v5.1.5released on 22/09/2016
- Ability to use either the product url, the shortest category product url, or the longest category product url in the autocomplete form
- v5.1.4released on 21/09/2016
- Check the Elasticsearch server's status directly from the admin
- v5.1.3released on 02/07/2016
- Advanced search management
- v5.1.2released on 28/06/2016
- Elasticsearch is compatible with Magento 2.1.0
- v5.1.0released on 22/06/2016
- Use of Elasticsearch on the frontend category pages
- Fix when deleting products from the admin
- v5.0.0released on 27/01/2016
- Elasticsearch is compatible with Magento 2