Ajax Layer Pro
How to use the AJAX Layer Pro extension?
The AJAX Layer Pro extension will help you to improve your layered navigation easily.
You will be able to completely configure and customize the display of your filters on your Magento frontend.
Moreover, the extension will automatically generate keywords corresponding to the values of your filters in order to improve SEO on your website.
The AJAX Layer Pro extension can be installed and ready to configure in one go. For this go to System > Configuration > Wyomind > AJAX Layer Pro.
To begin, you can configure the general parameters of the AJAX Layer Pro extension. Several options are available:
- Meta Robots: Allows changing meta robots value when filtering. This is useful to avoid search engines indexing all pages containing filter parameters.
- Enable AJAX Navigation: If enabled, the page will not be refreshed each time an option is clicked.
- Enable Auto Scroll: If enabled, the page will auto scroll to the top each time an option is clicked in AJAX mode.
- Enable AJAX Toolbar: If enabled, the page will not be refreshed each time a link in toolbar is clicked.
- Enable SEO Keywords: If enabled, the option ids present in URL will be replaced by the associated keywords (the keywords are automatically generated from attribute option labels).
- Replace All Special Chars: If enabled, all special chars will be replaced by a dash.
- Items Limit: That option allows you to limit the number of displayed items in layered navigation. This will add a Show More/Less link. 0 or empty means unlimited.
Price Slider Settings
AJAX Layer Pro allows you to enable the price Slider. If enabled you'll also have the possibility to add input fields below the slider by setting Enable Price inputs to YES.
Below are the different displays you'll obtain in the frontend with each possible configuration.
- Default Magento display:
- Slider enabled:
- Slider and Inputs enabled:
Category Tree Settings
In the Category Tree Settings tab, you'll be able to configure the display of the category tree according to your needs.
- Enable Category Tree: If enabled, default category navigation will be replaced by a tree.
- Expand Tree: If enabled, category tree will be displayed entirely.
- Number of Levels Displayed: You can define up to 5 levels to display.
- Show Products Count: You can display the number of products for each category.
- Include in Navigation Menu: If enabled, only categories included in the menu will be displayed.
- Show Empty Categories: If enabled, categories without products will be displayed.
Below is the display you can get with the above configuration.
In the Attributes Settings tab, you'll be able to define for which attribute you want to use a dropdown or display the attributes labels.
- Dropdown Attributes: Select the attributes that you want to display as dropdowns.
- Label Attributes: Select the attributes that you want to display as labels.
Below, you can see that the Category and Color attributes are managed as labels, whereas the Shoe Size attribute is managed as a dropdown.
AJAX Layer Pro allows you to dispatch your filters in 3 different places. You can customize the display of your filters via 3 options:
- Top Filters: Define which filters you want to display on top (horizontal navigation).
- Left Column Filters: Define which filters you want to display in left column.
- Right Column Filters: Define which filters you want to display in right column.
In the case where a filter is not present in any of the above fields, then it will be displayed in the left column by default.
Here is the display you can get with the above configuration.
Improve your layered navigation with AJAX Layer Pro
Completely configure your filters
- Enable the price slider and the category tree
- Use multiple filters on a same attribute
- Enable the AJAX navigation
Customize the display of your filters in the frontend
- Dispatch and add filters wherever you want (left, top, right)
- Display attributes as labels or dropdowns
Use optimized keywords
- Enable the display of SEO keywords in the URLs
- Automatically generate keywords
Enjoy a fully compatible extension
- Use the AJAX Layer Pro with any theme
- Configure the extension for a multistore website
- Use the Elasticsearch extension without compatibility issues
Which version of Magento® is supported by Ajax Layer Pro?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Ajax Layer Pro is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Ajax Layer Pro
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Ajax Layer Pro?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
How do I uninstall Ajax Layer Pro?
In order to uninstall Ajax Layer Pro, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Ajax Layer Pro ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Simple, lightweight - it's great.Recommended here https://www.sonassi.com/blog/quick-magento-performance-wins& used in this theme https://polarcore.io/ which is based on Google's Material Design.I had initially purchased an alternative module to test, but quite quickly realised this was the best choice for us.
30th June 2016
After years of trying other Layered Nav extensions and being frustrated at the amount of configuration required, it is a delight to find an extension that can just be installed and within a minute or two it is up and running.There is not a lot of features to this extension, but in my opinion that is what makes it so great. Just install, configure the few options there are and you're done.I also found it extremely helpful that each filter works in isolation so you are free to place each filter where you want it - you don't have to have all the filters in one block down the side of the page!Lastly, as a developer myself, I salute Johann for showing his code for all to see. Far too many extensions are developed via outsourcing and are badly coded. It's clear from this extension that Johann is a very good, experienced coder and takes pride in his work. This extension is a compliment to that.
5th November 2015
Great extension and very good support
Installed and works fine. If you have any questions or issues feel free and contact the very good support.I can recommend this extension.
W3 Arts & Webdesign
30th January 2014
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
AjaxLayerPro / AjaxLayerPro123
- Work in progress...