How to use the CMS Tree extension?
The CMS Tree extension will retrieve all your existing CMS pages and will add them under a root page. The latter will be considered as the store view homepage. In the case where you have multiple stores configured, pages will be added to your existing stores respectively.
With CMS Tree, you'll then be able to manage your content pages as a tree structure, as well as permissions and 301 redirects.
Configure CMS Tree in a general way
You can first check that the default CMS pages are correctly configured for your store in System > Configuration > General > Web > Default Page.
Once this is done, you can configure the extension in a general way in System > Configuration > Wyomind > General Settings.
- Enable Permissions: Activate that option to restrict the access to CMS pages for specific customer groups.
- CMS Not Allowed Page: If the above condition is enabled, you need to choose the page to which the user will be redirected if they do not have access to a CMS page.
- Create Permanent Redirect for URLs if URL Key Changed: You can create permanent redirection if the URL key of a page has changed.
- Include Pages in Navigation Menu: You can include all your pages in the navigation menu.
- Confirm change of store view: This will display a popup everytime you want to switch store view in CMS > Pages.
- URL suffix: It can be for example .html.
- Redirect Non-Suffixed URL: If a page URL is requested without the configured suffix above, a 302 redirection will be made to avoid possible duplicate content.
Manage your content
To manage your CMS pages, go to CMS > Pages > Manage Content.
The display of your pages is different from the default behaviour of Magento. You should get a tree view of all your CMS pages on the left and the configuration of the current page on the right.
You can manage the CMS pages as you would do for your categories and use the Drag and Drop option to define different page levels and dependencies as on the below example.
You can easily define a totally different configuration depending on each store view by changing the scope of the configuration.
Include your pages in the navigation menu
For each CMS page, you'll be able to add the link directly to your navigation menu.
In the Page information tab when configuring a CMS page, you should find the Include in Navigation Menu option. If you set this option on YES, then the page link will be added to your frontend navigation menu.
Note that this option will be ignored if the default configuration is set to NO, in System > Configuration > Wyomind > CMS Tree.
CMS Tree allows you to handle versions for each one of your CMS pages.
In the Page information tab when editing a CMS page, define the Manage Versions option on YES to handle versions on this page.
Once the versions management is enabled, you'll find all the versions of the page in the Versions tab. You'll then have the choice between:
- Restore the version
- Preview the page
- Delete the version
Duplicate your pages
You have the possibility to duplicate your pages to different store views.
For this, when editing a CMS page, click on Duplicate To. A popup is displayed.
Choose to which store view you want to duplicate that page and tick Include Children if you want to duplicate children pages as well.
After having clicked on OK, the duplicated page will be displayed as a copy in the store view you've chosen.
The CMS Tree extension allows you to limit the access to your CMS pages to customer groups and for each store view.
To manage the permissions, go to CMS > Pages > Manage Permissions. There, you can define permissions following 3 easy steps:
- Choose for which store view you want to apply permissions
- Choose for which customer group you want to apply permissions
- Unselect the pages that you don't want the above customer group and store view to have access
Manage your pages as a tree structure with CMS Tree!
Manage your content pages as a tree structure
- Create categories and infinity of nested subcategories of your cms pages
- Enjoy the drag and drop option
- Duplicate pages from one store to another
Give importance to your frontend display
- Add your pages in the navigation menu
- Automatically generate breadcrumbs
- Create automatic 301 permanent redirects
- Use a widget to display current children page easily
Define permissions on pages
- Remove the access to CMS pages for specific customer groups
Handle versions of your pages
- Restore old versions of your pages
- Preview your pages before saving
Which version of Magento® is supported by CMS Tree?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if CMS Tree is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for CMS Tree
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install CMS Tree?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate CMS Tree ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
I absolutely can recommend this extension. I used it for several projects now and I really like it. Its easy to install and use and It suits all our requirements when talking about CMS structures and permission management for Magentos relatively pure CMS features. On negative point is only the encrypted source code, which makes it difficult to extend or reuse the functionality in own modules. That's why I refuse to a five star rating.
21st March 2017
An absolute necessity for painless cms management
I could write a novel on the advantages but just the ability of having CodeMirror in the text areas of Pages and Blocks, Versioning, that the Include in menu works out of the box for the new CE 1.9 rwd theme and for the bootstrap magento implementation I tend to prefer are enough to buy this for every new project!In addition the developer answers quickly and is open to suggested improvements.Quite simply a no brainer!(btw I'm on CE 188.8.131.52 but it's not available as a choice)
13th August 2014
I like this extension
Excelent extension to manage CMS pages. Function perfectly, did not come across of any issues. Working seamlesly with other extensions without any conflicts
3rd August 2014
Decent Nested Set Plugin
This plugin is pretty good. Overall it functions as described and makes for a much more useful CMS.There are a couple things I take issue with though:1. For "root" level pages the url_key is left blank. This makes perfect sense given that you want the page to map to mystore.com/. The only issue is that Magento adds CSS classes derived from the URL key so you get an ugly "cms-" class on your body. Luckily for me I already had an observer set up to add some addtional class names and html5 data attributes so it was only a couple lines of code to remove this class. IMO you should still be able to enter and store a url_key for your root level tree node - it should just be somehow ignored as far as routing is concerned.2. Not sure if i did something wrong, if its a bug, or if its "working as designed" but each store view gets a default root meaning that you must duplicate your root page across your store views. This actually makes sense given how nested sets are normally implemented, but it would be nice if whatever fallback mechanism was used for the rest of the tree also applied to the root, though I can see the complexity there and realize using the exact same home page across store views might be a bit of an edge case.3. When first installed it fails to map the home page to the root node and places it under the root. Not a big deal if you realize this is what happened, but it took me a good 45 minutes to make that realization and then copy the settings for the page over to the root node.Not I haven't left a rating for "support" because I have not opened any tickets on this extension.
28th July 2014
Worthwhile stepping up to PRO version
Though we are experienced developers on other platforms, we are just entering the Magento world.BubbleCode's CMS Tree is one of the first paid extensions we have installed.The developer support during installation was excellent and we got our questions answered promptly and clearly.We also opted for the PRO upgrade on the extension, and the purpose of my review is to recommend this.There are two key features offered here, that we always install on our Joomla developments and were missing greatly on this new platform project.1. Version tracking on the pages. This may not seem so critical when you first install, but I promise that 6-12 months down the road you will be certain that this feature alone was worth the price of admission!2. Preview of the page you are working on. Again something I am very used to having and a HUGE time saver over finding/creating a link simply to look at what you are building.Good job Johann. And thank you.
12th March 2014
Ease administrative burden when using multi-store
This extension is the missing functionality that makes managing content pages in Magento effortless.I run a multi-store so the benefit of not only showing my page hierarchy per store but dividing content up between stores takes the guess work out of arranging my static pages.Top class extension and excellent support from the developer. Regular releases and fast email replies.
21st February 2014
Magento NEEDS to merge this extensions into it's core and release it immediately. Very simple to use and not too difficult to extend to suit our needs. A mist have for any site that do anything more than just sell products.
23rd January 2014
I needed a decent way to handle the CMS area of Magento. This extension works nicely out of the box and the features all work as expected.
21st January 2014
Just what you need
I had some useful info pages in my store before migration, and was sad that there is no way to organize them in Magento CE.CMS Tree extension did what I need - more simple and intuitive than system used in my Zen Cart store before.I had some problems with installation being a new user of magento, but BubbleCode's support was outstanding - all issue are resolved quickly.Just want to advice anyone, especially new users - disable cache and compilter before installing any extensions. This will save you lot of time :-)Thanks!
24th December 2013
This Extension is Amazing
I'm using this on every install of Magento moving forward. It GREATLY simplifies the process of creating and organizing CMS pages, and the developer provides quick and efficient support.
6th September 2013
Great extension, great support!
It was surprising to find that Magento CE has not even basic page hierarchy support. Appreciate it's a store but most stores also have a selection of page content!CMS Tree has and is proving to be extremely useful. Not only does it provde simple to manage support for page hierarchy, the pro version also includes page versioning and a proper HTML edtor that makes managing the more complex pages much easier. No more working in an IDE and pasting into Magento!As for support - excellent! There was initially an issue with compatibility with the theme I'm using, but the developer was on the case within hours and came up with a fix. This level of support is really appreciated.So go ahead - get it and stop messing about with kludges to get a semblence of CMS support in Magento CE!
20th August 2013
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v2.1.3released on 24/11/2016
- Correction for the use of Mage::getModel('cms/page')->setStoreId($storeId)->load()
all pages where not properly retrieved
- Upgrade from the old Bubbleshop's version to Wyomind made easier
- Correction for the use of Mage::getModel('cms/page')->setStoreId($storeId)->load()
- v2.1.2released on 21/09/2016
- Default cms pages that doesn't belong to the store view are excluded from the sitemap
- v2.1.1released on 30/08/2016
- v2.1.0released on 21/02/2016
- Added a configuration parameter to redirect non-suffixed URLs to suffixed URLs
- Fixed bad suffixed URL in CMS Page Link widget
CMSTree / CMSTree123
- Work in progress...