Mass Stock Update
Mass Stock Update
is available for Magento® 2
Mass Stock Update is an extension for Magento that allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files and to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension also includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update whenever you decide to.
Mass Stock Update can also be used as a stock feed system. Indeed, thanks to the csv files that your suppliers are sending you, you can automatically update your stocks.
You can start configuring Mass Stock Update in System > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update.
Mass Stock Update allows you to receive reports by email. For that you need to set Enable reporting on YES.
You will then be able to define one or more email addresses to receive the reports in Send the reports to. Each email address must be separated with a comma.
Finally, define your own Report title.
Define the File name of the stock backup as well as the Directory to store the stock backup.
Then you can define the File name of the sql file and the Directory to store the sql file.
Finally, choose to enable the Shell mode or not. When the Shell mode (or sh mode) is enabled, no stocks are updated. The sql file will be generated but not executed. You'll have to execute the sql file through a shell script.
To create a backup, you just need to click on Create a store backup fromSystem > IMPORT/EXPORT > Mass Stock Update.
A notification will appear to notify that the operation has been a success as well as to indicate the path to the file.
Each time a profile is run, a backup will be generated.
To create a new profile, go toSystem > IMPORT/EXPORT > Mass Stock Update, click on Create a new profile and follow the three steps.
To start, you must complete a certain number of fields.
First of all, give a name to the profile and choose the file location:
- Magento File System
- FTP server
By choosing FTP server, you'll need to fill in the different fields to access the file via FTP.
Fill in the path to the file and choose the File Type between CSV and XML.
If you've choosen CSV, choose the type of separator you are using in your file (« ; », « , », « | » or « \tab ») and the field enclosure (« none », « " » or « ' »).
If you are using XML, you'll need to fill in the Xpath to products. It is the path where the product data is stored in the XML file, for example: /inventory/products/product if your XML file looks like:
<inventory> <products> <product> YOUR PRODUCT DATA </product> </products> </inventory>
Define the column in which you want the product ID to be. By default, it will be on 1 - that is to say in the first column.From Mass Stock Update 3.7.0 you now have the possibility to choose the unique value attribute you want to use to identify your products for the mapping (Product identifier). For example you'll be able to identify your products thanks to their EAN instead of their SKU.
Then calculate the total stock of each product according to two methods:
- Either set on one specific column
- Or by adding every specified columns
Define the stock status update method of each product:
- Either on one specified column
- Or automatically (if the value is less than 0, the product isn't in stock and if the value is higher than 0, the product is in stock).
Finally, with Mass Stock Update it is possible to use custom rules. For that, in Use Custom Rules, choose Yes.
You can now create your own custom rules and manage to do many things such as updating stocks but also other attributes like 'Color'.
Here are 4 examples. Our settings are:
- Column 0: Sku (By default)
- Column 1: France Paris Store
- Column 2: Spain Barcelona Store
- Column 3: Total Stock
- Column 4: Stock Status
- Column 5: Global Stock
As an easy example, you can get the sum of two columns. For that, write in the Rules field:
$C = $C + $C;
Go back in File mapping to see the changes:
if ($C < "900") $C="0";
Now let's say all your products are in stock but you want to set only one product out of stock. Its sku is '1114'.
To change the status of that product, you'll need to use the stock id. You have to know that 1 is for in stock and 0 is for out of stock. Knowing that, in the Rules field, you should write:
if ($C == "1114") $C = "0";
It means that if in the first column the sku is '1114' then in the 4th column which is where we choose to display the stock status, the value 0 (out of stock) will be retrieved.
Finally, it is possible to define several rules in the Custom Rules field. For example:
$C = $C + $C; if ($C < "300") $C="0";
It will produce:
Select Stock Total in the column where is your products quantity and Stock Status for the column which defines if the product is in stock or not. The last column will display the total amount of units as well as the availability of the product, if it is in stock or not.
You can also schedule your tasks in the Scheduled Tasks tab. For example, on the following screenshot, tasks are scheduled every day at 1 AM.
Save all your data by clicking on Save.
Massively update all your stocks with Mass Stock Update!
Quickly update all your stocks
- Back up your stocks in one click
- Calculate the stock sum from several columns
- Automatically get the stock availability
Modify your products attributes through csv/xml files
- Update any value of your products attributes (description, name, color...)
Highly customize your csv/xml file
- Create your own custom rules
- Define how to map your columns
Completely automate your updates
- Schedule the update of your stocks or of any other attribute
Enjoy the precious help provided by the extension
- Use the powerful debug mode for developers
- Preview your mapping in real time
Magento® versions supported by Mass Stock Update
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Mass Stock Update is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
Is there any limitation in the number of products that can be updated with Mass Stock Update?
The Mass Stock Update extension has no known limitation. Some users update until 80 000 products.
A license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one single Magento installation.
If you use more than one Magento installation, you will have to buy a separate license for each.
if you run several domains on the same Magento installation, you will need only one license for them all.Although your license doesn’t have a limited period of validity, your upgrade period does.
By purchasing an extension, you’ll be granted a 3-month upgrade period for free.
Passed this period, you will have to pay for a new one (see FAQ: Extension upgrade).
License and pre-registred environments
You can pre-register your live domain to your license and activate it in advance.
Thanks to this option, you'll be able to get the extension ready to use on your domain before it goes live.
To pre-register your production domain, go to:my account downloads
And click on next to the extension you want your domain to pre-register on.
At the bottom of the page, below the list, click on the orange link saying:
Do you want to pre-register your domain in order to be ready to go live?
Finally, enter your domain name and click on pre-register now
License and testing environments
One license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one Magento installation only.
It is possible, however, to extend or transfer your license in three cases:
- If you'd like to add your testing environments to your license.
In this case, it is possible to extend your license to an unlimited number of domains for free.
For example mywebsite-staging.com or mywebsite-dev.com
- If you redirected definitively one domain to another one (301 permanent
In this case, you can request a transfer of license for free.
- If you'd like to shift your license from one Magento installation to another.
In this case, you can request a transfer of license which you'll have to pay for.
To be able to use Mass Stock Update on both your production and testing environments, follow the instructions below:
- Download Mass Stock Update (see FAQ: Extensions download).
- Install Mass Stock Update on your testing environment.
(see FAQ: Extensions installation)
- Activate the license (see FAQ: Extensions activation).
- From your Magento admin panel,
go in syStem CONFIGuration WYOMING YOUR EXTENSION
Enter your current Activation Key.
- Save config
Now that you can use Mass Stock Update on your production environment, repeat the same steps as above on your testing environments.
The only difference this time: a notification will appear on your Magento admin.
You will be given a choice in between: buy a new license now and add this domain to my license (see below).
A transfer request will then be sent to our team within an hour.The order in which you activate your license on your domains does not matter.
Once the request is taken care of, you will receive a confirmation email.
If your transfer request is accepted, you can use Mass Stock Update on both environments at the same time.
You can start with your staging/dev/local environment or with your live domain, the process will be the same.
- If you'd like to add your testing environments to your license.
In order to download Mass Stock Update, log into your Wyomind account:
Extensions upgradeWith each purchased extension comes a free 3-month upgrade period, during which you can download and install the new version of your extension. Passing this period, you will have to purchase an additional upgrade (price depends on how long the period is)
To upgrade Mass Stock Update, follow the steps below:
- Go to: my account my downloads
- Click on next to Mass Stock Update
- Choose the latest version of Mass Stock Update (for Magento 1 and Magento 2).
- Click on download
- Enter your current activation key and click on
- Select domain name.
- Choose from 1 to 12 months of upgrade period.
- Choose a professional installation or not.
- Click on BUY NOW
To finish, don't forget to reinstall Mass Stock Update to update your Magento admin.
If you can't find your download after upgrading your domain, please contact us here:
Before installing Mass Stock Update, you’ll have to:
- Backup your Magento installation.
Go to: system tools backups
- Disable the compiler in your Magento admin panel if it’s not already.
Go to: system tools COMPILATIONS
- Refresh your cache.
Go to: systemselect cache typeactionsrefreshsubmit
Now you can install Mass Stock Update:
- Download Mass Stock Update (zip file) on my account my downloads
Refer to FAQ here: Extensions download
- Once Mass Stock Update is downloaded, open the folder and unzip it.
- Copy the content of the unzip folder and paste all files and directories in your Magento root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes app, lib and skin folders).
- Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the compiler back (if it was already enabled before the installation) and run compilation process.
- Refresh your cache, logout from your admin panel and log back in right after.
Next step is to activate your license, to do so, click here: Extension activation
- Backup your Magento installation.
To uninstall Mass Stock Update, go on its zip folder and open it.
You will find a shell file (such
as: yourextension-uninstall.sh) to execute on both your server and Magento root directory.
Once the uninstallation is over, refresh your cache and enable the compiler back again (if you use it).
Once Mass Stock Update is downloaded, you have to activate the license:
- Go to your Magento admin panel. A message pops up at the top of the page.
- The HTML output of the License Manager is not disabled in your Magento admin under system configuration advanced advanced
- The License Manager is enabled in the file: app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation.
- Copy your activation key.
You can find your activation key in 2 different places:
- In the confirmation email that you received after purchasing Mass Stock Update
- In your Wyomind
account: MY ACcountMy downloads
Select Mass Stock Update and click on
A new page opens where you'll find your activation key (see below).
- In your Magento admin go
to: System ConfigurationWyomind Your extension
Paste the activation key in the Activation Key field and choose between the automatic (yes) or the manual (no) activation method.
- By choosing Yes, the connection to Wyomind's license server will be automatic.
- By choosing No, you will have to log on to Wyomind's license server yourself.
- Save config.
- A message appears at the top of your admin panel: Activate it now! Click on that link.
- Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!
- Finally, refresh your cache, log out and log back in straight after, to complete the installation.
To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules, you’ll have to repeat the steps described above for each, using the corresponding activation keys (each module has its own activation key).
- Go to your Magento admin panel. A message pops up at the top of the page.
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You can fix it by following these steps:
- Access your database via your control panel (Phpmyadmin for example).
- Delete the entry extension_setup from the core_resource table. Be careful, that entry depends on your extension. For example, if you have the extension called Simple Google Shopping, you should delete simplegoogleshopping_setup.
- Logout from your Magento admin.
- Log into your Magento admin.
Fatal error: Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
- If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
- Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
404 error on configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
How do I fix the issues with scheduled tasks?
How do cron tasks work:
- cron.php is launched regularly from your server side (every 5 minutes most of the time)
- The cron task for Mass Stock Update is targeted and evaluates if a data feed or a profile needs to be refreshed (depending on the timestamp stored in the database and on the schedule table for this specific profile)
- If the above condition matches, then the data feed and the profile is re-generated
Be sure that you have correctly configured a scheduled task from the server side (cpanel) targeting the cron.php file in your magento installation.
Mass Stock Update includes reporting and debug tools for the scheduled tasks in:
system > configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update
We also strongly advice to install the AOE Scheduler that will help you to monitor the magento cron tasks.
I get a 403 Forbidden error when saving data
If when saving your data feed configuration, you get:
Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /.../ on this server.
This is probably something regarding the hosting company that doesn't allow to post XML in the form.
The mod_security (security module) includes rules that stop all post/get requests including code.
In order to fix that issue, you should get in touch with your hosting company so that they can add some exceptions to the security rules.
Magento® Community Edition
- 1.9.3 +
- 1.9.2 +
- 1.9.1 +
- 1.9.0 +
- 1.8.1 +
- 1.8.0 +
- 1.7.0 +
- 1.6.2 +
- 1.6.1 +
- 1.6.0 +
- 1.5.1 +
- 1.5.0 +
- 1.4.2 +
- 1.4.1 +
- 1.4.0 +
- 1.3.3 +
- 1.3.2 +
- 1.3.1 +
Magento® Enterprise Edition
- 1.9.1 +
- 1.14.3 +
- 1.14.1 +
- 1.13.1 +
- 1.13.0 +
- 1.12.0 +
- 1.11.2 +
- 1.11.1 +
- 1.11.0 +
- 1.10.1 +
- 1.10.0 +
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Very powerful Addon. We use it for a Stock Updates and Priceupdate. Support is great!
5th July 2016
Very useful extension. If you need a great solution just take it.
2nd February 2015
Great extension and FANTASTIC support!
I found this extension to manage a very complex Magento installation with more than 30 store views and a few different stock repositories. This extension is exctly what I needed, great job!Futhermore, the backend module with a visual CSV parsing editor is a really great tool.This extension have also a fantastic support team: I had some trouble on system integration and cron procedures and they helped me in a very fast and professional way.GREAT!
17th November 2014
Great extension, great support
I have nothing but great thing to say about this company. I asked about 15 pre-sale questions and they answered on time with patience. After i bought this extension, they even customized this extension to fit my needs for free within 1 hour. thanks again Paul
17th July 2014
Fantasic solution! Great Extension! Superb Support!
Hopefully my title has summed this one up. I use all of Wyomind's extensions, and this one compares perfectly to the flawless experience I've had with the others.The extension provides an exceptionally easy to use interface, and provides functionality that I've been waiting for for a long time.What makes it stand out from the crowd though, is the impeccable support offered. All one my questions have been answered almost immediately, and any issues (not that there were any I may add!) are quickly resolved.The ability to easily set up a schedule for stock updates is an absolute lifesaver, meaning your store can run like clockwork without all of the manual input.Get this extension, and you really won't be disappointed!Thanks
4th May 2013
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v4.0.0released on 06/04/2017
- v3.11.0released on 16/01/2017
- New options to update stocks for Advanced Inventory users
- Quantity updates are now optional, any attribute can be updated without having to update the stock quantity
- v3.10.1released on 27/07/2016
- Possibility to add a port in the FTP url when retrieving the import file
- v3.10.0released on 10/02/2016
- New management of licenses
- v3.9.2released on 11/01/2016
- Backorders are taken into account for the automatic stock status update
- v3.9.1released on 27/10/2015
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE 6788
- v3.9.0released on 12/06/2015
- XML files support
- v3.8.0released on 04/03/2015
- Use a CSV file via FTP server
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE-6285
- v3.7.0released on 28/01/2015
- Use of any product id for the mapping
- v3.6.0released on 04/12/2014
- Compatibility with Advanced Inventory 5.0.0
- v3.5.0released on 25/09/2014
- Update via shell
- Paths and names configuration for backup and SQL files
- v3.4.1released on 08/08/2014
- Greater custom rules management
- SQL queries fields enclosed
- Minor fix on backorders for specific settings
- v3.4.0released on 01/06/2014
- Compatibility with Point of Sale
- v3.3.1released on 16/05/2014
- Use of a temporary file to store queries
- v3.2.0released on 06/01/2014
- Custom rules
- Default value for SKU offset
- Product attributes update
- Automatic stocks re-indexation
- v3.1.0released on 28/08/2013
- Possibility to choose the SKU field offset
- Minor fix on blank line
- v3.0.0released on 06/08/2013
- v2.0.0released on 04/07/2013
- Global stock incrementation without rewriting local stocks
- v1.0.1released on 15/05/2013
- Fix on observer
- v1.0.0released on 18/03/2013
- First Release