Mass Stock Update
Mass Stock Update allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files. This extension also allows you to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update.
How to use Mass Stock Update?
Mass Stock Update is an extension for Magento that allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files and to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension also includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update whenever you decide to.
Mass Stock Update can also be used as a stock feed system. Indeed, thanks to the csv files that your suppliers are sending you, you can automatically update your stocks.
To use Mass Stock Update, go to System > Import/Export > Mass Stock Update.
How to create a new backup of your complete stock?
To create a backup, you just need to click on Create a store backup. A notification will appear to notify that the operation has been a success as well as to indicate the path to the file.
Each time a profile is run, a backup will be generated.
How to create a new profile?
To start, you must complete a certain number of fields. First of all, give a name to the profile and fill in the path to the csv file. Choose the type of separator you are using in your file (« ; », « , », « | » or « \tab »). Then, choose the field enclosure (« none », « ‘’ » or « ‘ »).
Define the column in which you want the SKU to be. By default, the SKU will be on 1 - that is to say in the first column.From Mass Stock Update 3.7.0 you now have the possibility to choose the unique value attribute you want to use to identify your products for the mapping (Product identifier). For example you'll be able to identify your products thanks to their EAN instead of their SKU.
Then calculate the total stock of each product according to two methods:
- Either set on one specific column
- Or by adding every specified columns
Define the stock status update method of each product:
- Either on one specified column
- Or automatically (if the value is less than 0, the product isn’t in stock and if the value is higher than 0, the product is in stock).
Finally, with Mass Stock Update it is possible to use custom rules. For that, in Use Custom Rules, choose Yes.
You can now create your own custom rules and manage to do many things such as updating stocks but also other attributes like ‘Color’.
Here are 4 examples. Our settings are:
- Column 0: Sku (By default)
- Column 1: France Paris Store
- Column 2: Spain Barcelona Store
- Column 3: Total Stock
- Column 4: Stock Status
- Column 5: Global Stock
As an easy example, you can get the sum of two columns. For that, write in the Rules field:
$C = $C + $C;
Go back in File mapping to see the changes:
if ($C < "900") $C="0";
Now let’s say all your products are in stock but you want to set only one product out of stock. Its sku is ‘1114’.
To change the status of that product, you’ll need to use the stock id. You have to know that 1 is for in stock and 0 is for out of stock. Knowing that, in the Rules field, you should write:
if ($C == "1114") $C = "0";
It means that if in the first column the sku is ‘1114’ then in the 4th column which is where we choose to display the stock status, the value 0 (out of stock) will be retrieved.
Finally, it is possible to define several rules in the Custom Rules field. For example:
$C = $C + $C; if ($C < "300") $C="0";
It will produce:
Select Stock Total in the column where is your products quantity and Stock Status for the column which defines if the product is in stock or not. The last column will display the total amount of units as well as the availability of the product, if it is in stock or not.
You can also schedule your tasks in the Scheduled Tasks tab. For example, on the following screenshot, tasks are scheduled every day at 1 AM.
Save all your data by clicking on Save.
How to run the profile?
Massively update all your stocks with Mass Stock Update!
Quickly update all your stocks
- Back up your stocks in one click
- Calculate the stock sum from several columns
- Automatically get the stock availability
Modify your products attributes through csv files
- Update any value of your products attributes (description, name, color...)
Highly customize your csv file
- Create your own custom rules
- Define how to map your columns
Completely automate your updates
- Schedule the update of your stocks or of any other attribute
Enjoy the precious help provided by the extension
- Use the powerful debug mode for developers
- Preview your mapping in real time
Which version of Magento is supported by Mass Stock Update?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Mass Stock Update is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
Is there any limitation in the number of products that can be updated with Mass Stock Update?
The Mass stock update module has no known limitation. Some users update until 80 000 products.
Why when I click on "Create a backup now" nothing happens?
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Mass Stock Update
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
1. Check your spam filter.
2. Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your production environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your production domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license or to Request a free license transfer.
6. Request a free license transfer.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the grey arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Click on the orange link on the right that specifies the version of the extension. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.
In the case where the extension you've purchase includes other ones (for example Advanced Inventory or Pickup@Store), before being able to see the orange link, you will need to click on your domain name.
After that, you will be able to click on the orange link to reupload the extension package.install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Mass Stock Update?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to System > Tools > Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System > Cache Management.
3. Now you can download the zipped extension from your Wyomind account > My downloads. Find the extension and click on the grey arrow.
4. Click on the orange link (example: 8.1.0 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don’t forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the grey arrow on its right. There your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Mass Stock Update ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I uninstall Mass Stock Update?
In order to uninstall Mass Stock Update, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the grey arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now.
5. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
6. Choose a professional installation or not.
7. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
I get a fatal error concerning Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
? If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
? Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You can fix it by following these steps :
- Access your database via your control panel (Phpmyadmin for example).
- Delete the entry extension_setup from the core_resource table. Be careful, that entry depends on your extension. For example, if you have the Simple Google Shopping extension, you should delete simplegoogleshopping_setup.
- Logout from your Magento admin.
- Log into your Magento admin.
I get an error saying "err_connection_reset".
It can happen on localhost environments because of rights on session files stored locally.
You have to rename app/code/local/wyomind/massstockupdate/sql/massstockupdate_setup to something different: for example massstockupdate_setup_XX.
How do I fix the issues with scheduled tasks?
How do cron tasks work:
- cron.php is launched regularly from your server side (every 5 minutes most of the time)
- The cron task for Mass Stock Update is targeted and evaluates if a data feed or a profile needs to be refreshed (depending on the timestamp stored in the database and on the schedule table for this specific profile)
- If the above condition matches, then the data feed and the profile is re-generated
We also strongly advice to install the AOE Scheduler that will help you to monitor the magento cron tasks.
Magento Community Edition1.9.2 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 1.3.2 184.108.40.206 1.3.1
Magento Enterprise Edition1.14.1 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
Leave your review on Magento Connect and get 6 additional months of free upgrade
Very useful extension. If you need a great solution just take it.
Great extension and FANTASTIC support!
I found this extension to manage a very complex Magento installation with more than 30 store views and a few different stock repositories. This extension is exctly what I needed, great job!
Futhermore, the backend module with a visual CSV parsing editor is a really great tool.
This extension have also a fantastic support team: I had some trouble on system integration and cron procedures and they helped me in a very fast and professional way.
Great extension, great support
I have nothing but great thing to say about this company. I asked about 15 pre-sale questions and they answered on time with patience. After i bought this extension, they even customized this extension to fit my needs for free within 1 hour. thanks again Paul
Fantasic solution! Great Extension! Superb Support!
Hopefully my title has summed this one up. I use all of Wyomind's extensions, and this one compares perfectly to the flawless experience I've had with the others.
The extension provides an exceptionally easy to use interface, and provides functionality that I've been waiting for for a long time.
What makes it stand out from the crowd though, is the impeccable support offered. All one my questions have been answered almost immediately, and any issues (not that there were any I may add!) are quickly resolved.
The ability to easily set up a schedule for stock updates is an absolute lifesaver, meaning your store can run like clockwork without all of the manual input.
Get this extension, and you really won't be disappointed!
- v.3.8.0released on 04/03/2015
- Use a CSV file via FTP server
- v.3.7.0released on 28/01/2015
- Use of any product id for the mapping
- v.3.6.0released on 04/12/2014
- Compatibility with Advanced Inventory 5.0.0
- v.3.5.0released on 25/09/2014
- Update via shell
- Paths and names configuration for backup and SQL files
- v.3.4.1released on 08/08/2014
- Greater custom rules management
- SQL queries fields enclosed
- Minor fix on backorders for specific settings
- v.3.4.0released on 01/06/2014
- Compatibility with Point of Sale
- v.3.3.1released on 16/05/2014
- Use of a temporary file to store queries
- v.3.2.0released on 06/01/2014
- Custom rules
- Default value for SKU offset
- Product attributes update
- Automatic stocks re-indexation
- v.3.1.0released on 28/08/2013
- Possibility to choose the SKU field offset
- Minor fix on blank line
- v.3.0.0released on 06/08/2013
- v.2.0.0released on 04/07/2013
- Global stock incrementation without rewriting local stocks
- v.1.0.1released on 15/05/2013
- Fix on observer
- v.1.0.0released on 18/03/2013
- First Release