Mass Stock Update
Mass Stock Update
is available for Magento® 2
How to use Mass Stock Update for Magento® 2?
The Mass Stock Update extension for Magento 2 allows you to update and export your Magento inventory in one go through any CSV or XML files and so can be used as a stock feed system. A task scheduler will automate the stocks update whenever you decide to.
You'll find below the steps to follow to use Mass Stock Update.
You can in a first time configure Mass Stock Update in a general way in Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update.
- General Settings
In the General Settings tab, you'll be able to enable the log files as well as define the number of rows in the mapping preview.
- Backup Settings
In the Backup Settings tab, you can define the path where you want to save the backup. Also, you have the possibility to change the default backup file name as well as the field enclosure and delimiter.
Create a stock backup
If you want to get a backup of your current stock, you can click on Create a stock backup from System > Data Transfer > Mass Stock Update. It will generate a CSV file of your complete Magento inventory that you will be able to use and to link to a profile. That file will also be available in the folder that you've defined in the previous step.
Also, you can choose to generate a stock backup each time a profile is run by defining Create backup before running the profile to Yes in the profile configuration.
Create a new profile
To configure your own profile, click on Add New Profile from System > Data Transfer > Mass Stock Update.
A profile is linked to an XML or CSV file and will allow you to update your products stocks, or other attributes easily and regularly from your Magento 2 backend.
The profile configuration can be done in 3 steps.
To configure the profile, you must complete a certain number of fields in the Settings tab.
In a first time, define the name of the profile. Then, if you want to create a stock backup before the profile is run, define Create backup before running the profile on Yes.
You can also enable the SQL mode. When sql mode is enabled no stocks are updated, only a SQL file is generated and must be executed through a shell script. Then, you'll have to define the name of the SQL file and its path.
In Update Settings, define in which column is the product identifier. Among all the unique value attributes of your Magento 2 backend, choose the one you're using to identify your products for the mapping. For example you'll be able to identify your products thanks to their EAN instead of their SKU.
Then define how you want to calculate the total stock of each product:
- set in a specific column: uses the value from the column selected in the mapping
- sum of all specified columns: uses the sum of all selected columns in the mapping
- sum of all local stocks: uses the sum of all local stocks defined for the product
Define the stock status update method of each product:
- automatically: uses the sum of all selected columns in the mapping to determinate the stock status
- defined in a specified column: uses the value from the column selected in the mapping
With Mass Stock Update, you have the choice between several file locations:
- via Magento file system
The file is located on the server where Magento is installed (relative to Magento root Folder). You only need to indicate the Path to file.
- via a url
Choosing the Url file location, the file is located on an external server. It can be fetched using an external url, for example: http://www.website.com/import.csv.
- via a FTP server
If you choose the FTP server, you must configure some parameters.
Use SFTP: Select Yes if you are using SFTP.
Use Active mode: If you are using SFTP, you don't have to care about the passive/active mode.
Host: In that field, fill in the host. For example: wyomind.com.
Port: Fill in the port.
Login: It is your login to connect to server.
Password: It is your password to connect to server.
Directory: It is a relative path from the entry directory when you connect to the ftp. For example: "/var/backups".
In order to be sure your settings are correct, click on Test Connection. If you have an error message, you'll certainly have to check your credentials.
Note that the file is uploaded each time the profile is run manually or automatically.
Mass Stock Update for Magento 2 allows to create profiles according to 2 types of file:
If you choose the XML format, you'll have to define the Xpath. It is the path where your products data are stored.
For example, you must write /inventory/products/product if your XML file is like:
<inventory> <products> <product> YOUR PRODUCT DATA </product> </products> </inventory>
If you choose the CSV format, you'll have to define the field delimiter (« ; », « , », « | » or « \tab ») and enclosure (« none », « " » or « ' ») you're using in your file.
With the extension, you can define your own rules to manage your file mapping as you want.
For that, in Custom rules, define Use custom rules on YES.
Note that you'll have to enable PHP features to be able to use the custom rule. For that, you can follow that faq.
You can now create your own custom rules and manage to update your stocks but also other attributes like 'Color'.
You'll find below some examples of rules.
Our file is as follows:
Column 0: Sku (By default)
Column 1: France Paris Store
Column 2: Spain Barcelona Store
Column 3: Total Stock
Column 4: Stock Status
Column 5: Global Stock
- To get the sum of 2 columns:
$C = $C + $C;
Go back to the Mapping tab to see the changes.
- To make your products out of stock when the total stock is less than 900:
if ($C < "900") $C="0";
- To set only one product out of stock (SKU = 1114):
if ($C == "1114") $C = "0";
Note that 1 is for in stock and 0 is for out of stock. So if in the 1st column the value is 1114 then the value 0 (out of stock) will be retrieved in the 4th column which is where we choose to display the stock status.
- To define several rules in the Rules field:
$C = $C + $C;
if ($C < "300") $C="0";
In the Mapping tab, you'll find the file you've linked to that profile.
Depending on your file and on what you've configured in the Settings tab, you'll be able to link each column to:
- a point of sale (if using with Advanced Inventory)
- a stock management value, for example, select Total Stock in the column where there is the products quantity and Stock Status for the column which defines if the product is in stock or not. The last column will automatically display the total amount of units as well as the availability of the product.
- a product attribute, for example you can use Mass Stock Update to update the colors of your products.
Note that you'll be able to customize your file mapping using the custom rules.
Finally, in the Scheduled Tasks tab, you can easily schedule the profile generation by ticking the days and hours when you want the profile to be automatically executed.
Run the profile
Mass Stock Update allows you to run the profile automatically, manually or via a command line.
Once the profile is run, the data will be updated according to your file's mapping.
Everytime you'll run a profile, you'll have a report on it directly from the profiles grid. Just click on Show report to see which products have been modified.
Thanks to the scheduled tasks that you have defined in the Scheduled Tasks tab of your profile configuration, it will be automatically run at the specified days and hours.
You can also run the profile manually from the Action dropdown in System > Data Transfer > Mass Stock Update or when editing the profile by clicking on Run Profile Now.
Via a command line
Finally, it is also possible to launch one or more profiles via the console. For this, you can simply run the below commands.
To run one profile:
$ bin/magento wyomind:msu:run id
To run several profiles at the same time:
$ bin/magento wyomind:msu:run id1,id2,id3,...,idN
Massively update all your Magento® 2 stocks with Mass Stock Update!
Quickly update all your stocks
- Back up your stocks in one click
- Calculate the stock sum from several columns
- Automatically get the stock availability
Modify your products attributes through CSV/XML files
- Update any value of your products attributes (description, name, color...)
Highly customize your CSV/XML file
- Create your own custom rules
- Define how to map your columns
Completely automate your updates
- Schedule the update of your stocks or of any other attribute
Enjoy the precious help provided by the extension
- Use the powerful debug mode for developers
- Preview your mapping in real time
What are the Magento® versions supported by Mass Stock Update?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Mass Stock Update is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.Mass Stock Update is now compatible with Magento 2. Check the online documentation to know how Mass Stock Update works on Magento 2.
How come I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Mass Stock Update?
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour. In the case where you didn't receive anything, you can:
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try to send it again.
How to download the Mass Stock Update package for Magento® 2?
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Click on the button on the right that specifies the version of the extension. Choose the version under Magento 2. Click on download. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Mass Stock Update on Magento® 2?
Here are the steps to install the Mass Stock Update extension on Magento 2:
- Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento 2 installation.
- Then, you need to refresh caches in System Tools Cache Management.
- Now you can download the zipped extension from your account My downloads.
- Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into the Magento 2 root directory. You can merge the directories.
- Open a console and run the following command on Magento 2 root directory:
bin/magento setup:upgradeOnce your installation is complete, don't forget to clear the cache and log in again.
How can I run some actions via command lines?
With Magento 2, you can use the control panel to easily execute some commands such as disabling a module or cleaning the cache.
To do so, you just need to open the control panel and from the bin/magento file, executing a command. Here is a non exhaustive list:
- setup:upgrade : update the install, for example after the installation of a new module.
- cache:clean : clean the cache.
- cache:enable : enable the cache.
- cache:disable : disable the cache.
- module:enable Wyomind_ExtensionName : activate the Wyomind module (for example module:enable Wyomind_SimpleGoogleShopping).
- module:disable Wyomind_ExtensionName : disable the Wyomind module (for example module:disable Wyomind_DataFeedManager).
- indexer:reindex : reindex the index in the database
How do I uninstall Mass Stock Update from Magento® 2?
In order to uninstall Mass Stock Update from Magento 2, here is how to proceed:
- Remove the following file from your Magento 2 root directory: app > code > Wyomind > massstockupdate
- In your data base, from the setup_module table, remove: Wyomind_massstockupdate
- Clear the caches
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where you should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento 2 admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento 2 admin panel. In Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update, you should see the License tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Mass Stock Update?
To activate Mass Stock Update on Magento 2, you need to:
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTIVATION-KEY.
2. Go to your Magento 2 admin. A message appears at the top.
3. In Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Click on Save config.
6. A message appears at the top of your Magento 2 admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your Magento 2 admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I activate Mass Stock Update on a local, development or staging environment?
You don't need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test Mass Stock Update on a staging server first as a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need for Magento 2. To be able to use Mass Stock Update on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
- Install Mass Stock Update on your production environment.
- Activate the license.
- You can now use Mass Stock Update on your production domain.
Now you want to use Mass Stock Update on your live domain.
- Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
- Install the extension on your live domain.
- From your Magento 2 admin panel, in Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update, fill in your current activation key.
- Click on Save config.
- A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license or to Add this domain to my license.
- Click on Add this domain to my license.
- Your request should be approved within one hour (see conditions).
- You receive a confirmation email.
- Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains.
I get a message "Request an IP unlock" in my Magento® 2 back-office.
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update with a wrong activation key too many times.
You will then need to follow these steps:
- Click on Request an IP unlock.
- Your request should be accepted within one hour.
- During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
- Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field in Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times.
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
I get an error "Unable to update your license" in my Magento® 2 back-office.
If you get the following message in your Magento 2 admin:
Wyomind Mass Stock Update
Unable to update your license: your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
- Download and install the extension version you purchased by selecting for example 8.0.0 (installed).
- Increase your upgrade period and install the last version of the extension clicking on Upgrade now.
How do I upgrade Mass Stock Update to the latest version?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the grey arrow next to Mass Stock Update.
3. Click on Upgrade Now.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange tick next to it.
5. Tick the domain name for which you want to upgrade Mass Stock Update.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a Professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
I can't use the custom rules in the profile configuration
PHP features are disabled by default in Mass Stock Update.
In order to use custom rules, you simply need to modify the file magento/app/code/Wyomind/MassStockUpdate/Helper/Data.php and follow the instructions at line 144, replace:
// comment this line to use custom rules return false; // uncomment below lines to use custom rules // eval($script); // return true;
// comment this line to use custom rules // return false; // uncomment below lines to use custom rules eval($script); return true;
You should get something as below:
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You will be able to fix it by following these steps:
- Access your database via your control panel (Phpmyadmin for example).
- From the setup_module table, delete the entry Wyomind_massstockupdate. Be careful, that entry depends on your extension. For example, if you have the extension called Simple Google Shopping, you should delete Wyomind_SimpleGoogleShopping.
- Logout from your Magento 2 admin.
- Log into your Magento 2 admin.
How do I fix the issues with scheduled tasks on Magento® 2?
How do cron tasks work
- The cron.php file (available in the pub directory of your Magento 2 root directory) is regularly launched from your server side (generally every 5 minutes).
- The cron task for Mass Stock Update is targeted and evaluates if a data feed or a profile needs to be refreshed (depending on the timestamp stored in the database and on the schedule table for this specific profile).
- If the above condition matches, then the data feed and the profile is re-generated.
Be sure that you have correctly configured a scheduled task from the server side (cpanel) targeting the cron.php file in your magento 2 installation.
Mass Stock Update includes reporting and debug tools for the scheduled tasks available in: Stores > Settings > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Updatedocumentation.
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
Very powerful Addon. We use it for a Stock Updates and Priceupdate. Support is great!
5th July 2016
Very useful extension. If you need a great solution just take it.
2nd February 2015
Great extension and FANTASTIC support!
I found this extension to manage a very complex Magento installation with more than 30 store views and a few different stock repositories. This extension is exctly what I needed, great job!Futhermore, the backend module with a visual CSV parsing editor is a really great tool.This extension have also a fantastic support team: I had some trouble on system integration and cron procedures and they helped me in a very fast and professional way.GREAT!
17th November 2014
Great extension, great support
I have nothing but great thing to say about this company. I asked about 15 pre-sale questions and they answered on time with patience. After i bought this extension, they even customized this extension to fit my needs for free within 1 hour. thanks again Paul
17th July 2014
Fantasic solution! Great Extension! Superb Support!
Hopefully my title has summed this one up. I use all of Wyomind's extensions, and this one compares perfectly to the flawless experience I've had with the others.The extension provides an exceptionally easy to use interface, and provides functionality that I've been waiting for for a long time.What makes it stand out from the crowd though, is the impeccable support offered. All one my questions have been answered almost immediately, and any issues (not that there were any I may add!) are quickly resolved.The ability to easily set up a schedule for stock updates is an absolute lifesaver, meaning your store can run like clockwork without all of the manual input.Get this extension, and you really won't be disappointed!Thanks
4th May 2013
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v4.0.0released on 25/03/2016
- Mass Stock Update is compatible with Magento 2
- v3.10.1released on 27/07/2016
- Possibility to add a port in the FTP url when retrieving the import file
- v3.10.0released on 10/02/2016
- New management of licenses
- v3.9.2released on 11/01/2016
- Backorders are taken into account for the automatic stock status update
- v3.9.1released on 27/10/2015
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE 6788
- v3.9.0released on 12/06/2015
- XML files support
- v3.8.0released on 04/03/2015
- Use a CSV file via FTP server
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE-6285
- v3.7.0released on 28/01/2015
- Use of any product id for the mapping
- v3.6.0released on 04/12/2014
- Compatibility with Advanced Inventory 5.0.0
- v3.5.0released on 25/09/2014
- Update via shell
- Paths and names configuration for backup and SQL files
- v3.4.1released on 08/08/2014
- Greater custom rules management
- SQL queries fields enclosed
- Minor fix on backorders for specific settings
- v3.4.0released on 01/06/2014
- Compatibility with Point of Sale
- v3.3.1released on 16/05/2014
- Use of a temporary file to store queries
- v3.2.0released on 06/01/2014
- Custom rules
- Default value for SKU offset
- Product attributes update
- Automatic stocks re-indexation
- v3.1.0released on 28/08/2013
- Possibility to choose the SKU field offset
- Minor fix on blank line
- v3.0.0released on 06/08/2013
- v2.0.0released on 04/07/2013
- Global stock incrementation without rewriting local stocks
- v1.0.1released on 15/05/2013
- Fix on observer
- v1.0.0released on 18/03/2013
- First Release