Attribute Option Pro
How to use the Attribute Option Pro extension?
The Attribute Option Pro extension allows you to associate images to your product attributes as well as to each attribute option. You'll then be able to display on your frontend icons for each attribute such as shoes type, color...
You'll also benefit from easy features to sort your attribute options via drag & drop or alphabetically and you'll be able to hide store columns of your choice.
The extension is very easy to use and can be configured very quickly.
Configure the extension in a general way
You can start with the general configuration of the extension. For this, go to System > Configuration > Wyomind > Attribute Option Pro.
With Attribute Option Pro you can add a second image to your product attribute options by enabling the Additional Image option.
Also, you have the possibility to hide stores columns. You can easily choose which store column(s) you want to hide from the Hide Stores dropdown.
With the above configuration, you have the possibility to add a second image to each attribute option. Also the column for the German store view will be hidden.
Add an image to your attribute
In Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes, you can define an image to display in the frontend for each attribute.
Select an attribute to edit. In the Frontend Properties tab, you can then select an image from your media library or directly paste the url in the Attribute Image field.
The image you've selected should then be displayed in your frontend where the attribute is called.
Note that if you're using another template package than default, you'll need to copy all files in Magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog to your current package, for example Magento/app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/catalog.
Add an image for each attribute option
The Attribute Option Pro extension makes it possible to add an image for each attribute option.
For this, you can choose an attribute to edit in Catalog > Attributes > Manage attributes. Then in the Manage Labels/Options subtab, you should see an Image column for each label.
You can simply paste the url of the image you want to display or upload it via the Media storage tool.
Once this is done for each option, go back to your frontend. Below is what you should get
Associate images to your product attributes and options!
Display icons in your layered navigation
- Associate an image to your product attributes
- Give each attribute option 1 or 2 images
Easily manage the attribute options
- Sort options via drag & drop or alphabetically
- Hide store columns of your choice
Which version of Magento® is supported by Attribute Option Pro?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Attribute Option Pro is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Attribute Option Pro
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
Go to My account > My downloads and click on the orange arrow next to the extension you've just purchased.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Attribute Option Pro?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to
System Tools Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don't forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your staging environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your staging domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license now or to Add this domain to my license.
6. Click on Add this domain to my license.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains at the same time.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Attribute Option Pro ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
- The Html output of License Manager is not disabled in system > configuration > advanced > advanced
- The License Manager is well enabled in the file app/etc/modules/Wyomind_Licensemanager.xml
- The License Manager has not been removed from your installation
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
7. Copy and paste the license code in the License code field from your admin or simply click on Activate now!.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the orange arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I continuously get "Request an IP unlock" in my admin even after having unlocked it several times?
In order to solve this problem, you must empty the License code field from System > Configuration > Wyomind > Your extension and click on Save config. Finally, reactivate your license by clicking on Activate Now.
You may also have to request a free license transfer. If so, you can follow our faq.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
Magento® Community Edition
Magento® Enterprise Edition
Leave your review and get up to 3 months of FREE upgrade
So useful & essential to our store.Thank you Johann.
30th June 2016
great extension and excellent support
I bought this extension because I needed some labels images for my products.The extension works very well and the support is excellent: they resolved my issue the same day I asked.Thank you!
16th March 2016
Awesome extension and support
I am very happy with my purchase, I needed a custom change and Johann was really quick to help me out and make the change at a great price.Strongly recommeneded!
20th May 2015
Great Extension and Even Better Support
I purchased this plugin to show specific attribute icons on my product page. I am able to put the images of the icons exactly where I want them to show up and they are very easy to add or modify within Magento. Johann was there every step along the way for any questions I had and the plugin works perfectly. I definitely recommend this plugin for the strong functionality and support you will receive.
6th March 2015
Well done! Great support!
Hi,I purchased this module a few months back and Johann helped me integrate it into my custom theme.Unfortunently my server crasched and the Magento installation got lost. But Johann once more help me with integrating the module - without any questions asked.I can really recommend this company since there products are of good quality and the support is excellent!Keep up the good work! :)Br,Tobias
7th January 2015
Fantastic extension and great support!
I purchased this extension to show attribute images on product page.. but I didn't want to show the images in the layered navigation menu. Support replied immediately and made this modification for us free of charge.A few months after the purchase I accidently override some of the coding for this modification. I contact support.. and they helped me as good and fast as they did the first time.Difference with other extensions is that you can also apply images to the attributes itself, not only to the attribute options. It is very flexible and what I mentioned before, their support is great!Ps. I installed it on Magento CE 18.104.22.168
27th November 2014
Excellent extension works as described
Bought this because we run a gamestore and I needed icons images.Had some issues ,but the support is great and everything works well now.
28th July 2014
An extremely useful extension
I bought this extension for the purpose of showing an image for a specific attribute in my layered navigation, and it works just fine. However, it has a slight conflict with Catalin SEO's layered navigation extension, and I thought it wouldn't work anymore.Good thing the developer of this extension is really supportive and he modified a third party extension to make it work with this extension. Now it works in my site without any conflicts.Another great thing with this extension is you can optionally not use it in the product catalog page. By default, this is enabled in the layered navigation and product catalog view, but you can just remove the product catalog view if you don't want to use it, or just remove the layered navigation filter, or use both.Other extensions that I've used doesn't allow you to do this easily. This extension is different from the other extensions that I've tried. It's really flexible and the support is top-notch.Others charge for a theme modification to make it work with a custom theme, but BubbleCode did it for free! You won't be disappointed if you but this one, and that's for sure. :)
10th May 2014
Very simple and useful extension
Simple installation and configuration. Great developer support. Does exactly what described.
9th September 2013
This offer is limited to one domain per extension purchased from your account
- v1.1.5released on 31/10/2016
- Attribute Option Pro now compatible with Magento 1.9.3
- v1.1.4released on 06/06/2015
- Fixed text fields not displayed correctly in Additional Information tab
- v1.1.1released on 15/04/2014
- Fixed admin config section
AttributeOptionPro / AttributeOptionPro123
- Work in progress...