A new year means new extensions. And we're starting this year with a completely new and free extension for your Magento 2 backoffice.
As you may know, Magento 2 search is now based on the Elasticsearch server (you can still use the SQL search engine for a moment).
Elasticsearch is a real-time distributed search and analytics engine which allows you to explore your data very quickly. It is used for full-text search, structured search, analytics, and all three in combination.
The Elasticsearch search engine is available from:
- Magento Community Edition 2.3
- Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1
For more info, you can check the documentation of Magento.
If you're using the Elasticsearch module from Magento, then you'll certainly need our brand new extension: Elasticsearch® Browser that will make it easier for you to check your indexed data.
Elasticsearch Browser extension
Elasticsearch® Browser is an extension that helps you visualize and get an overview of the data that is indexed by the Elasticsearch module included in Magento 2.
If you feel more comfortable with raw data, no problem, it's possible to check them in one click:
Elasticsearch® Browser also displays a notice in your Magento 2 backoffice when the Elasticsearch server fails:
The great news is that the extension is totally free!
If you want more info about Elasticsearch® Browser, feel free to check the complete documentation and download the extension from the left column.
Go further with our Elasticsearch Suite
If you want to go one step further with Elasticsearch, you can considerably improve your Magento 2 search results with our extensions:
- Elasticsearch® Autocomplete to improve the default Magento search results by displaying relevant results on products, CMS pages, categories as well as search suggestions and let your visitors enjoy an ultra-fast search tool thanks to a user-friendly autocomplete.
- Elasticsearch® Multifaceted Autocomplete to enhance the search results from Elasticsearch Autocomplete with a multi-faceted autocomplete including filterable attributes, products sorting and many display options available for Magento 2.
- Elasticsearch® Layered Navigation to boost your Magento 2 search and make your categories and search results pages so fast to navigate thanks to a powerful set of search tools.
- Elasticsearch® Suite for an ultimate experience. The suite includes all the above extensions.