Mass Stock Update
Mass Stock Update allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files. This extension also allows you to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update.
Estimated Delivery Date
Display on the Magento product pages and in the customer cart the estimated delivery date for the available products and for the backorders with a completely customizable message.
Mass Stock Update is an extension for Magento that allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files and to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension also includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update whenever you decide to.
Mass Stock Update can also be used as a stock feed system. Indeed, thanks to the csv files that your suppliers are sending you, you can automatically update your stocks.
To use Mass Stock Update, go to System > Import/Export > Mass Stock Update.
To create a backup, you just need to click on Create a store backup. A notification will appear to notify that the operation has been a success as well as to indicate the path to the file.
Each time a profile is run, a backup will be generated.
To create a new profile, click on Create a new profile and follow the three steps.
To start, you must complete a certain number of fields. First of all, give a name to the profile and fill in the path to the csv file. Choose the type of separator you are using in your file (« ; », « , », « | » or « \tab »). Then, choose the field enclosure (« none », « ‘’ » or « ‘ »).
Define the column in which you want the SKU to be. By default, the SKU will be on 1 - that is to say in the first column.
Then calculate the total stock of each product according to two methods:
- Either set on one specific column
- Or by adding every specified columns
Define the stock status update method of each product:
- Either on one specified column
- Or automatically (if the value is less than 0, the product isn’t in stock and if the value is higher than 0, the product is in stock).
Finally, with Mass Stock Update it is possible to use custom rules. For that, in Use Custom Rules, choose Yes.
You can now create your own custom rules and manage to do many things such as updating stocks but also other attributes like ‘Color’.
Here are 4 examples. Our settings are:
- Column 0: Sku (By default)
- Column 1: France Paris Store
- Column 2: Spain Barcelona Store
- Column 3: Total Stock
- Column 4: Stock Status
- Column 5: Global Stock
As an easy example, you can get the sum of two columns. For that, write in the Rules field:
$C = $C + $C;
Go back in File mapping to see the changes:
if ($C < "900") $C="0";
Now let’s say all your products are in stock but you want to set only one product out of stock. Its sku is ‘1114’.
To change the status of that product, you’ll need to use the stock id. You have to know that 1 is for in stock and 0 is for out of stock. Knowing that, in the Rules field, you should write:
if ($C == "1114") $C = "0";
It means that if in the first column the sku is ‘1114’ then in the 4th column which is where we choose to display the stock status, the value 0 (out of stock) will be retrieved.
Finally, it is possible to define several rules in the Custom Rules field. For example:
$C = $C + $C; if ($C < "300") $C="0";
It will produce:
Select Stock Total in the column where is your products quantity and Stock Status for the column which defines if the product is in stock or not. The last column will display the total amount of units as well as the availability of the product, if it is in stock or not.
You can also schedule your tasks in the Scheduled Tasks tab. For example, on the following screenshot, tasks are scheduled every day at 1 AM.
Save all your data by clicking on Save.
Is there any limitation in the number of products that can be updated with Mass Stock Update?
The Mass stock update module has no known limitation. Some users update until 80 000 products.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Mass Stock Update
1. The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes, rarely more than one hour
2. Check your spam filter
3. Contact us: we will try again to send it
If I want to test an extension first on a staging server, do I have to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains ?
When installing a module on a new environment, you should see a screen as below offering to update the license, just click on the link Request a free license update in your admin, and your request should be approved within one hour.
How do I install Mass Stock Update?
1. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to System > Tools > Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System > Cache Management.
3. Now you can download the zipped extension from your Wyomind account > My downloads. Choose the one you just purchased and click on the grey arrow.
4. Click on the orange link (example: 3. 1.0 available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content (app,skin and lib directories) and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory.
7. Once your installation is complete, don’t forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clean the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look at our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
How do I activate Mass Stock Update ?
1. Copy the activation key (example: ACTKEY-ABCD)
6. A notification appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on it.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You can fix it by following these steps :
- Access your database via your control panel (cPanel for example)
- Delete the entry massstockupdate_setup from the table core_resource
- Logout from your Magento admin
- Log into your Magento admin
I get an error saying "err_connection_reset".
It can happen on localhost environments because of rights on session files stored locally.
You have to rename app/code/local/wyomind/massstockupdate/sql/massstockupdate_setup to something different: for example massstockupdate_setup_XX.
I get a fatal error concerning Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
• If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
• Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panel
How do I fix the issues with scheduled tasks?
How do cron tasks work:
- cron.php is launched regularly from your server side (every 5 minutes most of the time)
- The cron task for Mass Stock Update is targeted and evaluates if a data feed or a profile needs to be refreshed (depending on the timestamp stored in the database and on the schedule table for this specific profile)
- If the above condition matches, then the data feed and the profile is re-generated
We also strongly advice to install the AOE Scheduler that will help you to monitor the magento cron tasks.
How do I uninstall Mass Stock Update?
In order to uninstall Mass Stock Update, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
- ✔Create update profile in 3 simple steps
- ✔Update through any type of csv files
- ✔Create your own custom rules
- ✔Automatically calculate the stock sum from several columns (option)
- ✔Automatically calculate the stock availability (option)
- ✔Real time preview while creating your mapping
- ✔Create easily scheduled tasks by selecting the days and the hours
- ✔Create a stock backup in one click
- ✔Powerful debug mode for developper