Mass Stock Update
Estimated Delivery Date
Mass Stock Update
for Magento 2 available soon!
How to use Mass Stock Update?
Mass Stock Update is an extension for Magento that allows you to update your Magento inventory in one go through any csv files and to export all your stock into a csv file. This extension also includes a task scheduler that automates the stocks update whenever you decide to.
Mass Stock Update can also be used as a stock feed system. Indeed, thanks to the csv files that your suppliers are sending you, you can automatically update your stocks.
How to configure Mass Stock Update in a general way?
You can start configuring Mass Stock Update in System > Configuration > Wyomind > Mass Stock Update.
Mass Stock Update allows you to receive reports by email. For that you need to set Enable reporting on YES.
You will then be able to define one or more email addresses to receive the reports in Send the reports to. Each email address must be separated with a comma.
Finally, define your own Report title.
Define the File name of the stock backup as well as the Directory to store the stock backup.
Then you can define the File name of the sql file and the Directory to store the sql file.
Finally, choose to enable the Shell mode or not. When the Shell mode (or sh mode) is enabled, no stocks are updated. The sql file will be generated but not executed. You'll have to execute the sql file through a shell script.
How to create a new backup of your complete stock?
To create a backup, you just need to click on Create a store backup. A notification will appear to notify that the operation has been a success as well as to indicate the path to the file.
Each time a profile is run, a backup will be generated.
How to create a new profile?
To start, you must complete a certain number of fields.
First of all, give a name to the profile and choose the file location:
- Magento File System
- FTP server
By choosing FTP server, you'll need to fill in the different fields to access the file via FTP.
Fill in the path to the file and choose the File Type between CSV and XML.
If you've choosen CSV, choose the type of separator you are using in your file (« ; », « , », « | » or « \tab ») and the field enclosure (« none », « " » or « ' »).
If you are using XML, you'll need to fill in the Xpath to products. It is the path where the product data is stored in the XML file, for example: /inventory/products/product if your XML file looks like:
<inventory> <products> <product> YOUR PRODUCT DATA </product> </products> </inventory>
Define the column in which you want the product ID to be. By default, it will be on 1 - that is to say in the first column.From Mass Stock Update 3.7.0 you now have the possibility to choose the unique value attribute you want to use to identify your products for the mapping (Product identifier). For example you'll be able to identify your products thanks to their EAN instead of their SKU.
Then calculate the total stock of each product according to two methods:
- Either set on one specific column
- Or by adding every specified columns
Define the stock status update method of each product:
- Either on one specified column
- Or automatically (if the value is less than 0, the product isn't in stock and if the value is higher than 0, the product is in stock).
Finally, with Mass Stock Update it is possible to use custom rules. For that, in Use Custom Rules, choose Yes.
You can now create your own custom rules and manage to do many things such as updating stocks but also other attributes like 'Color'.
Here are 4 examples. Our settings are:
- Column 0: Sku (By default)
- Column 1: France Paris Store
- Column 2: Spain Barcelona Store
- Column 3: Total Stock
- Column 4: Stock Status
- Column 5: Global Stock
As an easy example, you can get the sum of two columns. For that, write in the Rules field:
$C = $C + $C;
Go back in File mapping to see the changes:
if ($C < "900") $C="0";
Now let's say all your products are in stock but you want to set only one product out of stock. Its sku is '1114'.
To change the status of that product, you'll need to use the stock id. You have to know that 1 is for in stock and 0 is for out of stock. Knowing that, in the Rules field, you should write:
if ($C == "1114") $C = "0";
It means that if in the first column the sku is '1114' then in the 4th column which is where we choose to display the stock status, the value 0 (out of stock) will be retrieved.
Finally, it is possible to define several rules in the Custom Rules field. For example:
$C = $C + $C; if ($C < "300") $C="0";
It will produce:
Select Stock Total in the column where is your products quantity and Stock Status for the column which defines if the product is in stock or not. The last column will display the total amount of units as well as the availability of the product, if it is in stock or not.
You can also schedule your tasks in the Scheduled Tasks tab. For example, on the following screenshot, tasks are scheduled every day at 1 AM.
Save all your data by clicking on Save.
How to run the profile?
Massively update all your stocks with Mass Stock Update!
Quickly update all your stocks
- Back up your stocks in one click
- Calculate the stock sum from several columns
- Automatically get the stock availability
Modify your products attributes through csv/xml files
- Update any value of your products attributes (description, name, color...)
Highly customize your csv/xml file
- Create your own custom rules
- Define how to map your columns
Completely automate your updates
- Schedule the update of your stocks or of any other attribute
Enjoy the precious help provided by the extension
- Use the powerful debug mode for developers
- Preview your mapping in real time
Which version of Magento is supported by Mass Stock Update?
This extension works with Magento Community Edition and also Magento Enterprise Edition. To know if Mass Stock Update is compatible with your Magento version, please check the Compatibility tab.
Is there any limitation in the number of products that can be updated with Mass Stock Update?
The Mass Stock Update extension has no known limitation. Some users update until 80 000 products.
I didn't receive my payment confirmation for Mass Stock Update
The payment confirmation email should only take a few minutes to be sent, rarely more than one hour.
- Check your spam filter.
- Contact us and we will try again to send it.
Where can I find the extension package?
You can find the extension package directly in your Wyomind account.
A new window opens. Choose the version of the extension and click on the download button on the right. Your download can start.
For any extension, you can download the package even after your free upgrade period.Check our faqs to install your extension and activate your license.
How do I install Mass Stock Update?
1. Before installing the extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation. To complete the setup of your extension in the best way, you first need to disable the compiler in your Magento admin. For that, go to System > Tools > Compilation.
If the compiler is activated, you must disable it by clicking on Disable.
2. Then, you need to refresh caches in System > Cache Management.
4. Click on the orange button (example: 9.0.1 Available) to download your extension.
5. Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder content.
6. Copy the folder content and paste all files and directories into your Magento web site root directory (the folder content can vary according to the extension but it generally includes the app, lib and skin folders).
7. Once your installation is complete, don?t forget to enable the Compiler if it was activated before the installation and to Run Compilation Process.
8. Clear the cache and log in again.
Well done, your Wyomind extension installation is all set! Have a look to our next FAQ on how to activate your license.
I'm asking to overwrite /lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/link.php, should I carry on?
You can skip this file, it's only for magento < 1.4.
How do I uninstall Mass Stock Update?
In order to uninstall Mass Stock Update, you must remove all the following files and directories:
Clean the cache and re-launch the compiler (if you use it).
What is the period of validity of my license?
Your license is valid for an unlimited period of time on one domain.
Note that you will be able to transfer your license to another domain in 2 cases:
- from/to any staging, dev or local domain you may use (in that case the license will be valid on all domains at the same time)
- if the old domain redirects definitively to the new one (301 permanent redirection)
You'll need 2 licenses for:
You'll need only 1 license for:
Check how to activate your license on your staging environments.
How long is my upgrade period?
When buying an extension from wyomind.com, you automatically get 3 months of free upgrade available from the date of purchase. After these 3 months, you can purchase an upgrade. You'll have the choice between 1 or 12 months. During that time, you'll be able to download and install the upgraded version to your domain.
Note that the upgraded version will be available in the Wyomind account with which the original extension has been purchased.upgrade to the last version of the extension.
Can I use the same license for my staging server?
No need to buy 2 licenses for 2 domains to test an extension on a staging server first, a license is valid for one live domain and as many staging or development environments you need. To be able to use your extension on production and pre-production domains, you have to follow some steps. Here is how to proceed:
1. Install the extension on your production environment.
2. Activate the license.
3. You can now use your extension on your production domain.
Now you want to use the extension on your live domain.
1. Redownload your extension package from your Wyomind account.
2. Install the extension on your live domain.
3. From your Magento admin panel, in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, fill in your current activation key.
4. Save config.
5. A notification is displayed offering you to Buy a new license or to Request a free license transfer.
6. Request a free license transfer.
7. Our team approves or denies your request within one hour (see conditions).
8. You receive a confirmation email.
9. Once your request is accepted, you can use your extension on both domains.The order in which you activate your license on your domains has no importance, you can activate the extension on your live domain first and then on your staging or dev environments.
Where can I find my activation key?
You can find your activation key in 3 different places.
1. In the confirmation email that you've received after the purchase of your extension
2. In your Wyomind account
Log into your Wyomind account. In My account > My downloads, choose your extension and click on the orange arrow on its right. A new window opens where your should find the activation key.
3. In your Magento admin when the extension is already installed and activated
Log into your Magento admin panel. In System > Config > Wyomind > your extension, you should see the License activation tab. In that tab you'll find your activation key.
How do I activate Mass Stock Update ?
You have installed your extension. Now you need to activate the license.
1. Copy the activation key available in your Wyomind account (check our FAQ to know where to find your activation key). For example: ACTKEY-ABCD.
2. Go to your Magento admin. A message appears at the top.
3. In System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension, paste the activation key in the Activation key field.
4. Choose between the Automatic (Yes) or the Manual (No) activation method.
- Automatic (Yes): you allow a connection to Wyomind's license server
- Manual (No): you must log in with your browser to Wyomind's license server
5. Save your config.
6. A message appears at the top of your admin: Activate it now! Click on that link.
8. Finally, you must log out and clear the caches so that the installation is complete. And that's all!To activate the license of an extension that includes other modules (for example Advanced Inventory that includes 3 modules), you will have to repeat the above steps for each module (in the case of Advanced Inventory there will be 4 modules to activate) using the activation keys corresponding to each module.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the extension?
You can upgrade directly from your account.
1. Go to My account > My download.
2. Click on the grey arrow next to the extension you want to upgrade.
3. Click on Upgrade Now or choose the version you wish to upgrade.
4. Enter your current activation key and click on the orange button.
5. Choose the domain name for which you want to upgrade the extension.
6. Choose 1 month or 1 year of upgrade.
7. Choose a professional installation or not.
8. Click on Buy now.
Why do I get a message 'Request an IP unlock' in my admin?
If you're getting this message, it probably means that you have filled in the Activation Key field in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension with a wrong activation key too many times.
You need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Request an IP unlock.
2. Our team should accept your request within one hour.
3. During that time, check which activation key you need to provide (our Faq will help you find your activation key).
4. Once your IP unlock request has been approved, paste your activation key in the Activation key field (in System > Config > Wyomind > Your extension) and click on Save Config.
Then, you can finalize the activation of the license.
Why do I get a message 'Unable to update your license' in my admin?
If you get the following message in your Magento admin:
Unable to update your license : your subscription has expired.
In order to extend your subscription, please connect into your Wyomind account.
It probably means that you installed a higher version than the one you're licensed for.
You'll have 2 possibilities:
1. Download and install the extension version you purchased by choosing for example 8.0.0 (installed)
2. or increase your upgrade period and install the new version of the extension clicking on upgrade now
I get a fatal error concerning Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php
If your site crashes and gives this error message after uploading all files to the correct folders:
Fatal error: Class 'Wyomind_Notificationmanager_Model_Resource_Setup' not found in includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup.php on line 234
It probably comes from installing an extension while the compiler is still enabled.
- If the compilation is enabled on your website (System > Tools > Compilation). Disable it first before installing any extension. After installation re-run the compilation process and re-enable the compiler.
- Before installing any extension, it's advisable to backup your Magento installation.
Here is the way to disable the magento compiler:
Edit the following file: includes/config.php and add a # before the 2 following lines:
define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src'); #define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');
Then go back to your website admin and re-run the compilation process.
I get an error saying ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.
It can happen on localhost environments because of rights on session files stored locally.
You have to rename app/code/local/wyomind/massstockupdate/sql/massstockupdate_setup to something different: for example massstockupdate_setup_XX.
I get a 404 error instead of the configuration page in the admin panelMost of the time log-out/log-in may solve this issue.
I get an error saying "Base table or view not found".
This issue may be due to a problem during the installation process.
You can fix it by following these steps:
- Access your database via your control panel (Phpmyadmin for example).
- Delete the entry extension_setup from the core_resource table. Be careful, that entry depends on your extension. For example, if you have the extension called Simple Google Shopping, you should delete simplegoogleshopping_setup.
- Logout from your Magento admin.
- Log into your Magento admin.
How do I fix the issues with scheduled tasks?
How do cron tasks work:
- cron.php is launched regularly from your server side (every 5 minutes most of the time)
- The cron task for Mass Stock Update is targeted and evaluates if a data feed or a profile needs to be refreshed (depending on the timestamp stored in the database and on the schedule table for this specific profile)
- If the above condition matches, then the data feed and the profile is re-generated
We also strongly advice to install the AOE Scheduler that will help you to monitor the magento cron tasks.
I get a 403 Forbidden error when saving data
If when saving your data feed configuration, you get:
Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /.../ on this server.
This is probably something regarding the hosting company that doesn't allow to post XML in the form.
The mod_security (security module) includes rules that stop all post/get requests including code.
In order to fix that issue, you should get in touch with your hosting company so that they can add some exceptions to the security rules.
Magento Community Edition
Magento Enterprise Edition
Leave your review on Magento Connect and get 6 additional months of free upgrade
Very useful extension. If you need a great solution just take it.
2nd February 2015
Great extension and FANTASTIC support!
I found this extension to manage a very complex Magento installation with more than 30 store views and a few different stock repositories. This extension is exctly what I needed, great job!Futhermore, the backend module with a visual CSV parsing editor is a really great tool.This extension have also a fantastic support team: I had some trouble on system integration and cron procedures and they helped me in a very fast and professional way.GREAT!
17th November 2014
Great extension, great support
I have nothing but great thing to say about this company. I asked about 15 pre-sale questions and they answered on time with patience. After i bought this extension, they even customized this extension to fit my needs for free within 1 hour. thanks again Paul
17th July 2014
Fantasic solution! Great Extension! Superb Support!
Hopefully my title has summed this one up. I use all of Wyomind's extensions, and this one compares perfectly to the flawless experience I've had with the others.The extension provides an exceptionally easy to use interface, and provides functionality that I've been waiting for for a long time.What makes it stand out from the crowd though, is the impeccable support offered. All one my questions have been answered almost immediately, and any issues (not that there were any I may add!) are quickly resolved.The ability to easily set up a schedule for stock updates is an absolute lifesaver, meaning your store can run like clockwork without all of the manual input.Get this extension, and you really won't be disappointed!Thanks
4th May 2013
- v.3.10.0released on 10/02/2016
- New management of licenses
- v.3.9.2released on 11/01/2016
- Backorders are taken into account for the automatic stock status update
- v.3.9.1released on 27/10/2015
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE 6788
- v.3.9.0released on 12/06/2015
- XML files support
- v.3.8.0released on 04/03/2015
- Use a CSV file via FTP server
- Compatibility fix for Magento Security Patch SUPEE-6285
- v.3.7.0released on 28/01/2015
- Use of any product id for the mapping
- v.3.6.0released on 04/12/2014
- Compatibility with Advanced Inventory 5.0.0
- v.3.5.0released on 25/09/2014
- Update via shell
- Paths and names configuration for backup and SQL files
- v.3.4.1released on 08/08/2014
- Greater custom rules management
- SQL queries fields enclosed
- Minor fix on backorders for specific settings
- v.3.4.0released on 01/06/2014
- Compatibility with Point of Sale
- v.3.3.1released on 16/05/2014
- Use of a temporary file to store queries
- v.3.2.0released on 06/01/2014
- Custom rules
- Default value for SKU offset
- Product attributes update
- Automatic stocks re-indexation
- v.3.1.0released on 28/08/2013
- Possibility to choose the SKU field offset
- Minor fix on blank line
- v.3.0.0released on 06/08/2013
- v.2.0.0released on 04/07/2013
- Global stock incrementation without rewriting local stocks
- v.1.0.1released on 15/05/2013
- Fix on observer
- v.1.0.0released on 18/03/2013
- First Release
massstockupdate / massstockupdate123
- Work in progress...